What series should I watch next?

j_r

boomie said:

The one with Anne Hathaway was stunning.   I am shocked at the star power involved in these stories.

I especially liked the one with Tina Fey and John Slattery.  And I learned after watching it that the adoption story was based on a 2005 Modern Love essay written by Dan Savage. Just curious, why are you shocked?

boomie

I just didn't think it would be such a big vehicle for that caliber of actors.   Not sure why, sounded like a Hallmark afternoon special type thing.

nan

I binge-watched the new season of The Kominsky Method.  I don't know why I like that show, but I could not stop watching it.  

Season 3 of Atypical just came out.  I will watch that soon.  

mtierney

I have gotten into the first few episodes of Dr Foster — is there more to the story?

The_Soulful_Mr_T

My daughter suggested I watch Queer Eye on Netflix. I watched two episodes and I was quite put off by it. I thought the five gay "consultants" were extraordinarily pretentious, over the top and very insensitive to the 2 rather timid subjects I saw.

Also, the changes that the team make for (with?) the subject are so superficial. One imagines that a week later, the subjects will have returned to their old slovenly, passive and timid selves. What these people need is intensive therapy, not to be laughed at by a bunch of TV personalities.

One might aver I'm not the target audience.

drummerboy

Anyone watching Watchmen? I'm halfway through Ep 1 and I'm sold.

reservationgirl

drummerboy said:

Anyone watching Watchmen? I'm halfway through Ep 1 and I'm sold.

I'm watching it, but I'm not surprised I'm the only response! The major actors are great, and I love the creative story, new, unexpected, but it's so new that I'm never quite sure what I think! Still, I keep watching, and want to know what happens! 

reservationgirl

Morganna said:

Just discovered Penny Dreadful reruns on Showtime in time for Halloween and the rest of the year. Very Industrial Revolution, a bit Steampunk, with a intense dose of horror. Great sets, costumes and special effects.My new hobby will be catching up on a few seasons of this Gothic Horror series.

Imaginative high quality, and fun, the actors are great, you have to be open/into this kind of stuff, but if you are, it's a fun ride! 

rcarter31

reservationgirl said:

I'm watching it, but I'm not surprised I'm the only response! The major actors are great, and I love the creative story, new, unexpected, but it's so new that I'm never quite sure what I think! Still, I keep watching, and want to know what happens! 

We are hooked! 

reservationgirl

rcarter31 said:

We are hooked! 

Then we have something in common

The_Soulful_Mr_T

New season if Mrs. Maisel:  I fear it’s jumped the proverbial shark. After watching 3 episodes I think the Palladinos should have quit while they were ahead. 

jamie

I'm hesitant to even start Maisel - I can't imagine it developing much further.  

Morganna

Intrigued by His Dark Materials on HBO. From the writer Philip Pullman who gave us The Golden Compass. Worth checking out for fantasy fans, and fans of Lin Manuel Miranda.

bub

I happened to read, and enjoyed, The Golden Compass recently not knowing this series was coming out.  I was underwhelmed by the first HBO episode.  It didn't seem to have the rich dialogue of the book. Not giving up.   

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.