The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

North Korea Daily:  "Chairman Kim increases job openings at Hanoi trade talks"

mtierney said:
Long overdue —and overlooked —reality of abortion

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/opinion/abortion-laws-men.html

And here I was assuming the article was going to be by Douche-shat.  The real reality is that women with easy, affordable access to effective birth control don't have unwanted pregnancies.  I will start believing that anti abortion activists are earnest when they start opening clinics to provide the aforementioned solution.

Apparently, one of the neighbors at Stanstead Airport (where Airforce One landed) thought the if they wrote their message in really big letters, that the President might be able to read it.  They obviously don't know Trump.

Other people in the UK apparently understand our Great Leader better: 

"The infamous large orange baby blimp will also make a reappearance, but this time it will be accompanied by a 16-foot talking robot of Mr Trump sitting on a gold toilet that has been shipped over from China, depicting the president with his trousers around his ankles while tweeting. 

The robot will emit farting noises, alongside some of his favourite catchphrases, such as 'no collusion', 'you are fake news' and 'I'm a very stable genius'. "

mtierney said:

Interesting article, but I'm not quite sure what it's getting at.

There was one link in it, though, that I clicked on and, well, wow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/22/magazine/a-mother-in-jail-for-helping-her-daughter-have-an-abortion.html?module=inline

mtierney said:

surprised to see you approving of a pro-choice opinion

ml1 said:

You miss read me (surprise) and the story. A baby is conceived by a man and a woman together. Why isn’t the plight of fathers addressed? Why is it all about women?

Men have abrogated their part in conception and the baby’s right to life. Seems very self-serving to me. 

I am pro choice — I choose life. As an adoptive mother of three, I am so grateful to the  parents of my amazing now adult-aged children.

mtierney said:

I choose life. 

As far as I can see, the only continuous thread running through your political philosophy is that you are anti woman.  Not so big on children either, given your stance on child rape.

BBC: Museum of London wants Trump Baby blimp as exhibit

I think they will have to wait until after 2020. Personally, I would like to see it permanently flown outside the window to his jail cell.

mtierney said:

ml1 said:
 You miss read me (surprise) and the story. A baby is conceived by a man and a woman together. Why isn’t the plight of fathers addressed? Why is it all about women?
Men have abrogated their part in conception and the baby’s right to life. Seems very self-serving to me. 
I am pro choice — I choose life. As an adoptive mother of three, I am so grateful to the  parents of my amazing now adult-aged children.

The "plight" of the fathers? Gimme a break.

How about the responsibility of the fathers? Every abortion is made necessary because of the selfish action of a  man who decided that he needed to ejaculate inside of a woman rather than use a condom or pull out. But their central part of this is never, ever talked about.

So save your crocodile tears for us poor men.

If someone could develop the technology to make child support begin at conception, I think we would see a lot more men using birth control and a big drop in the number of unwanted pregnancies. 

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

I choose life. 
As far as I can see, the only continuous thread running through your political philosophy is that you are anti woman.  Not so big on children either, given your stance on child rape.

First Klinker uses an out of context quote and says mtierney is not so big on children.  The full sentence of the quote is below:

mtierney said:

As you say you are 'pro-life' and have adopted three children - you actually stand by your principals, well done mtierney.  On another thread Klinker wrote:

Klinker said: Just look at mtierney.  When HRC said that Trump's supporters were irredeemable and deplorable she was absolutely right on both counts. Anyone who could be saved has already abandoned him.

I think Klinker is mtierney's own personal troll.

lord_pabulum said:I think Klinker is mtierney's own personal troll.

Are you my personal troll and if so, where does that leave Basil?

cheese

lord_pabulum said:

Klinker said:

mtierney said:

I choose life. 
First Klinker uses an out of context quote and says mtierney is not so big on children.  The full sentence of the quote is below:
mtierney said:
As you say you are 'pro-life' and have adopted three children - you actually stand by your principals, well done mtierney.  On another thread Klinker wrote:

I don't know mtierney's kids.  I would like to think that she was a model mother but they are the only people who could tell us about that part of her life.

What I do know is that mtierney has consistently been and advocate for rapist priests, conservative rapists in general and people who rape children.  Mtierney has consistently attacked the  children who were the victims of clerical rape.  Mtierney has supported the Church's cover up and she has suggested that the victims themselves were to blame.

With that in mind I will say that, while mtierney may, possibly, have been an extraordinary mother, when it comes to the subject of children in general, she has, on these pages at least, been an appalling human being. 

That's not a personal attack, that is just a summation of her thousands of posts, many of which have touched on that subject in one way or another.

“Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits.” 
― Fulton J. Sheen

“Because God is full of life, I imagine each morning Almighty God says to the sun, "Do it again"; and every evening to the moon and the stars, "Do it again"; and every springtime to the daisies, "Do it again"; and every time a child is born into the world asking for curtain call, that the heart of the God might once more ring out in the heart of the babe.” 
― Fulton J. Sheen

Klinker/Basil are two peas in a pod. Both are best left unnoticed.

Christ called on us to tend to the sheep, not egg on the wolves. You cannot claim to love God and defend pedophilia. 

Irredeemably deplorable.

Klinker said:

lord_pabulum said:I think Klinker is mtierney's own personal troll.
Are you my personal troll and if so, where does that leave Basil?
 cheese

Out of business apparently

mtierney said:
“Each of us makes his own weather, determines the color of the skies in the emotional universe which he inhabits.” 
― Fulton J. Sheen

“Because God is full of life, I imagine each morning Almighty God says to the sun, "Do it again"; and every evening to the moon and the stars, "Do it again"; and every springtime to the daisies, "Do it again"; and every time a child is born into the world asking for curtain call, that the heart of the God might once more ring out in the heart of the babe.” 
― Fulton J. Sheen

Klinker/Basil are two peas in a pod. Both are best left unnoticed.

"Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’"

-- Jesus Christ

Trump / Christ are two peas in very different pods. One of them best left unnoticed.

mtierney said:

so you are in favor of legal abortion. I guess I've misunderstood your position all these years. 

ml1 said:
 so you are in favor of legal abortion. I guess I've misunderstood your position all these years. 

Still do, it appears.

mtierney said:
 Still do, it appears.

it's not my fault if I never realized you were in favor of safe and legal abortion.  Your comments always seemed as if you thought abortion should be illegal.  It appeared to me that you favored GOP candidates in large part because of their opposition to legal abortion.  So yes, I'm surprised to find out that all this time you are pro-choice.  I think it's admirable that you respect the choices of other women to have abortions despite your own personal feelings on the issue.  

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

mtierney said:

ml1 said:
 Still do, it appears.

This is an example of how it helps to be more clear, if one gives a link to a website or news item, about what exactly one's meaning and intent is.  Otherwise, readers are free to draw their own conclusions.

nohero said:
 This is an example of how it helps to be more clear, if one gives a link to a website or news item, about what exactly one's meaning and intent is.  Otherwise, readers are free to draw their own conclusions.

it's not "my" conclusion though. The article was clearly in opposition to the anti-abortion legislation that has recently been passed. 

ml1 said:
 it's not "my" conclusion though. The article was clearly in opposition to the anti-abortion legislation that has recently been passed. 

I didn't mean conclusion about the article, I meant conclusion about the poster's reasons.

As it is, that poster may or may not have realized the real import of the article when posting it without comment.

basil said:
Trump / Christ are two peas in very different pods. One of them best left unnoticed.

You know, I have noticed over the years that, while mtierney spends a lot of time in her posts talking about God and even more time talking about Fulton Sheen, she almost never mentions Christ.  I am not quite sure why that is.

Klinker said:
 You know, I have noticed over the years that, while mtierney ...

Have you thought about finding a different hobby?

nohero said:

Klinker said:

Well, I have my own personal reasons for taking the supporters of clerical rape to task.  I wouldn't say it was an academic exercise.

That said, you spend your fair share of your time here on these pages.  I might rightly ask you the same question.

I would also note that a quick search show that nohero has 967 pages of comments to my measly 150.

Klinker said:

nohero said:

Klinker said:
That said, you spend your fair share of your time here on these pages.  I might rightly ask you the same question.

I just meant about the record keeping.  It wasn't really a serious comment.

Klinker said:
I would also note that a quick search show that nohero has 967 pages of comments to my measly 150.

I had a running head start. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.