The worst movie you've ever seen...

The second "Cloverfield" titled movie with John Goodman was quite good.  I have no idea whether there is a common thread with the others.  The first one was a meh found footage  horror movie.  The critics are savaging this latest one.

yahooyahoo said:

"The Cloverfield Paradox" is terrible.  Just released on Netflix, their clever surprise marketing campaign during the Super Bowl was really just to create buzz for a terrible, terrible movie.  It's trying to be about 5 other space horror movies at the same time.

I saw Live by Night with Ben Affleck, Chris Cooper, Zoe Saldana. I was so excited to watch it, great cast and all. I cleared my Sunday evening, got a giant bag of kettle corn and dug in. Words cannot express my disappointment. It was a lot of shooting guns and Ben Affleck endless narrating/mumbling about what I still can’t tell. All I got from it was Boston, maybe prohibition? A girl who was a drugged became a Christian fundamentalist, No idea. Gah!  Avoid at all costs. 

ElizMcCord said:

I saw Live by Night with Ben Affleck, Chris Cooper, Zoe Saldana. I was so excited to watch it, great cast and all. I cleared my Sunday evening, got a giant bag of kettle corn and dug in. Words cannot express my disappointment. It was a lot of shooting guns and Ben Affleck endless narrating/mumbling about what I still can’t tell. All I got from it was Boston, maybe prohibition? A girl who was a drugged became a Christian fundamentalist, No idea. Gah!  Avoid at all costs. 

That was how I felt about The Accountant. I like everyone in it, but they were all miscast and Affleck succeeded only in annoying the **** outta me.

It's based on the second book of the trilogy that began with "The Given Day," which was a superb, highly regarded historical novel about class, race, cops and politics in Boston at the end of WWI.  "Live By Night" in contrast, was just a gangster story.  I put it down less about half way through.  No idea why the makers of LBN, or someone, didn't get the rights to the first book and make a movie or miniseries out of it.   

ElizMcCord said:

The Accountant pissed me off.  Was he a good guy, a bad guy? Was he trying to go legit or was he still involved with criminals?  And the reunion with his brother at the end, wtf.  It also made a mockery of those with autism spectrum disorders.

ridski said:

ElizMcCord said:

That was how I felt about The Accountant. I like everyone in it, but they were all miscast and Affleck succeeded only in annoying the **** outta me.

yahooyahoo said:

The Accountant pissed me off.  Was he a good guy, a bad guy? Was he trying to go legit or was he still involved with criminals?  And the reunion with his brother at the end, wtf.  It also made a mockery of those with autism spectrum disorders.
ridski said:

ElizMcCord said:

I never made it to the end. I was on a plane with other options, so I switched it off and watched Rogue One for the thousandth time.

But yeah, I really wasn't happy with the spectrum portrayal, either. 

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" really sucked.  Recently saw it for the first time.  What is the appeal?

yahooyahoo said:

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" really sucked.  Recently saw it for the first time.  What is the appeal?

The cat.

yahooyahoo said:

Certainly not Mickey Rooney’s yellowfaced portrayal of Mr. Yunioshi.

yahooyahoo said:

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" really sucked. What is the appeal?

Here’s your hat. What’s your hurry?

Bobby.   

Halfway through I was hoping for him to get shot already.

Audrey Hepburn and her classic wardrobe.

Howard The Duck is a very bad movie.

Tom_Reingold said:

Howard The Duck is a very bad movie.

this is the only movie I have ever walked out of a theatre from. I've hated a lot in my home, but this is the only one I ever walked out from....and I was 15. I don't know how this ever made it to the big screen. TERRIBLE. 

I've given up on Affleck. His name on the marquis almost guarantees I'll ignore the movie. He was all downhill since Chasing Amy.

ridski said:

ElizMcCord said:

If you're gonna measure "worst" by how far the actual quality diverges from critical accolades - Boyhood is the winner.

Jaws: The Revenge is the worst movie ever made. And I LOVE the original Jaws, and also like Jaws 2.

That said, the only movie I ever walked out of was "Tron" and I was a kid at the time who should have at least moderately enjoyed it.

“Worst” is probably too strong a word to describe it, but I thought of this thread one night this last week when we tried to watch Atomic Blonde. When we saw the trailers some time ago we thought it looked like it would be a lot of fun. Wow, how wrong we were. We gave up about halfway through, after roughly an hour of watching her walk randomly down various artfully-lit streets and corridors while overdressed in overly-stylish clothes. Boooorrrrriiiinnnnnggg.

I walked out on Something About Mary. Hated that movie especially after all the hype. Breakfast at Tiffany’s is pretty awful too. 

PetuniaBird said:

A Clockwork Orange

One of my favorites.  It triggered uncontrollable paroxysms of laughter beginning with the beat down of the old drunk in the underpass by Alex and his Droogs.  As you see the long shadows of the Droogs, with their truncheons, approaching the singing drunk, you know what you're going to witness.

My best friend and I almost walked out on "Clifford" starring Martin Short.  I think I was in 7th grade at the time so that kind of says how bad the movie was.  

The original (1979) "The Amityville Horror."  The audience began tossing popcorn and cups of unfinished drinks at the screen.  That turned out to be more entertaining than the film itself.

DottyParker said:

PetuniaBird said:

A Clockwork Orange

One of my favorites.  It triggered uncontrollable paroxysms of laughter beginning with the beat down of the old drunk in the underpass by Alex and his Droogs.  As you see the long shadows of the Droogs, with their truncheons, approaching the singing drunk, you know what you're going to witness.

I find it disturbing that anyone would find a beat down of any sort hilarious...

When I saw Clockwork Orange, it was a double feature with Deliverance.  That was a one two punch to the gut. 

Scully said:

DottyParker said:

PetuniaBird said:

A Clockwork Orange

I find it disturbing that anyone would find a beat down of any sort hilarious...

If you’re prone to mild or moderate depression don’t watch By The Sea with Brad and Angie. It will catapult you over the edge. The movie was insufferable. 

I do have to laugh at the titles being thrown out here, most of which are critically acclaimed or at least have a beginning, middle and end. This includes my entry, btw. But it really makes me think none of had vcrs and sat through any of the tat us 80s kids sat through just because we rented it and thought the cover looked good. Ragewar: The Challenges of Excalibrate, Robot Jox, Lair of the White Worm, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Ghoulies, Invasion USA, Maximum Overdrive, Exocist II The Heretic, Leonard Part 6, Highlander 2 The Quickening... I could go on for days...

Krippendorf's Tribe - So bad that in a fit of pique I smashed the VHS tape against the wall, when I told Blockbuster what happened they took into account how bad the movie was and forgave the penalty.

Titanic - Saw it in the theater, though I did not leave I was laughing hysterically. Discovered later it was not a comedy.

The Jerk - Absolutely loved this movie when I was younger [saw it 2-3x times]. Recently tried to re-watch it, sadly it had not held up - at all.

Eraserhead - Don't remember details other than finding it a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

Cry Baby with Johnny Depp and Mrs. Doubtfire.  

There are so many lousy movies but movies like Mrs. Doubtfire just leave me baffled.  It is as if every time a male has to dress up as a woman the movie gets rave reviews no matter how  lousy.  Worked for Tony Curtis, Dustin Hoffman and Tom  Hanks (TV show ) as well.  

I did not like American Sniper but it was not the worst movie I ever saw (certainly overrated).  

And I find it hard to watch any movie with Ben Stiller --

Eraserhead is like something you watch in one of those small dark guardless rooms in MOMA and leave after five minutes.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!