The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

Me too- 1st time to QB ever!  ( no hints)

oots said:

Me too- 1st time to QB ever!  ( no hints)

Well done!

Agreed. Today was quick. Got to Queen Bee. No dumb words at least, i.e. pfft

Likewise. The editor had said somewhere that today was going to be easy, but it still took me a little while to find my last word. 

QB for me too today and I agree: pretty easy and no dumb words.

zucca said:

Likewise. The editor had said somewhere that today was going to be easy, but it still took me a little while to find my last word. 

You have an "in" with the editor?

Did everyone get the survey a couple of weeks ago regarding the Bee?

jimmurphy said:

zucca said:

Did everyone get the survey a couple of weeks ago regarding the Bee?

No. What did it ask?

What do you like/dislike about the Bee mostly.

Just wondering if these easier puzzles are a result.

Nice one today. Short and sweet.

jimmurphy said:

What do you like/dislike about the Bee mostly.

Just wondering if these easier puzzles are a result.

Funny. I got that about Wordle. I was supposed to fill in two blanks in a sentence. I couldn’t think of two helpful words. Wordle is fine but not so interesting to me. 

jimmurphy said:

Haha! If the Twittersphere is an in….

I'm one short. I'm feeling like I'll eventually get QB today. But it seems like there's always one obvious word that escapes me for the longest time.

zucca said:

Funny. I got that about Wordle. I was supposed to fill in two blanks in a sentence. I couldn’t think of two helpful words. Wordle is fine but not so interesting to me. 

Wordle doesn't do much for me either.

keeping up my streak of posting here that I'm stuck and then immediately getting the QB grin

ml1 said:

keeping up my streak of posting here that I'm stuck and then immediately getting the QB
grin

I have the same kind of thing. I text my son that I can’t get the pangram, or genius, or whatever, and then I get it. Works every time!

QB yesterday and today.
I think today might be the lowest score I've seen for reaching genius level.

yahooyahoo said:

QB yesterday and today.
I think today might be the lowest score I've seen for reaching genius level.

And the words needed are commonly in use, as well.

What's up with "pfft" being an acceptable word (yesterday)?  That was a surprise to me. I always thought it was slang.

Any notion that it has been dumbed-down given the last few days has been dispelled.

Struggled to Genius, went on a roll and then stalled at QB-3 / 30!

jimmurphy said:

Any notion that it has been dumbed-down given the last few days has been dispelled.

Struggled to Genius, went on a roll and then stalled at QB-3 / 30!

similar here, struggled to Genius and still struggling at QB - 8

I'm stupidly strict and have no idea how many words I still need, but I was happy just to get to Genius too! I stopped at just a few points over; may or may not look more later.

made it to QB -4 / 26 and calling it a night

QB today.  I was was extremely close to getting QB without any hints.  I finally caved and looked.

I should have kept trying, I was only one word short.

yahooyahoo said:

QB today.  I was was extremely close to getting QB without any hints.  I finally caved and looked.

I should have kept trying, I was only one word short.

got QB with hints too. the three words I had left were all familiar to me. As soon as I got the first couple letters from the hints, I got them quickly. 

Once again, I missed "etouffee" ... and more likely than not, I'll be missing it again; that's a tough one for me

got the QB yesterday. Having a hard time getting to genius today. Stuck in amazing, Which is fine seeing as it is Mets' opening day

jfinnegan said:

got the QB yesterday. Having a hard time getting to genius today. Stuck in amazing, Which is fine seeing as it is Mets' opening day

Got to genius plus a few but I am still well short of QB. I'll take genius.  grin

I need to get "balalaika" into my head. It comes up a lot and I've never gotten it. 

Just got QB!

Two somewhat uncommon words.

jimmurphy said:

Just got QB!

Two somewhat uncommon words.

congrats...calling it a night at QB -6, just not seeing any more words

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!