JIMMY DORE is "ready to go out and get this [Covid-19] virus and get back to life"

it's like a z morning zoo mentality.  It's really sad.  Even sadder that it's so prominent on here- time for a sink.  grin

nan said:

drummerboy said:

I can get Dore's "analysis" from a bunch of other places, and I get to skip the a$$holery at the same time.

Where do you get Dore's "analysis" from?   

I enjoy the $$holery--that's the best part about Jimmy Dore. He rips the band aid right off. 

Do you mean where have I seen others opine about Syria and about the Dem nominating process?

Gee. Like. Everywhere.

I mean, do you think Dore is original in some way? (other than his horrible attempts at humor?)

As for liking a$$holery, I wouldn't cheer that fact myself. It's not exactly complimentary.

People like you are the worst thing about Bernie. 

drummerboy said:

Do you mean where have I seen others opine about Syria and about the Dem nominating process?

Gee. Like. Everywhere.

I mean, do you think Dore is original in some way? (other than his horrible attempts at humor?)

As for liking a$$holery, I wouldn't cheer that fact myself. It's not exactly complimentary.

No, I asked you where you have seen the same insight as Dore.  Dore does not agree with MSM insight, especially about the Dem nominating process.  You said you got the same insight elsewhere so I was asking for specifics. 

I think Dore is original and funny and often just hits the nail on the head.  He is an ordinary person and he expresses the rage of the working class and poor who have been F** by the economy and know there will be no improvement.  He also sees the trainwreck that is the Dem nomination and everyone should be angry about that.  That's how I view his "aS$$holery"   so I see it as complementary.   

nan said:

nohero said:

Today I learned that not every Bernie supporter is a Jimmy Dore fan - 

Absolutely true.  There are even Bernie supporters who listen to mainstream news and think all the regime wars were done for humanitarian reasons.  I'm specifically thinking of a nurse on twitter who is devoted to Bernie because of M4A, which in her job she sees as desperately needed.  She bites your head off if you mention Max Blumenthal, but she's never giving up her support for Bernie.  

Jimmy Dore supported Tulsi this election, although he's not happy with the Joe Biden endorsement.  He has become increasingly frustrated with Bernie because he thinks he is too compromising and nice.  He thinks he should be calling out Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi and others more and not giving in on the stimulus bill.  Ironically, people like you who are influenced by MSM often say Bernie is negative or screams a lot, etc.  Those are actually made up smears.  In reality, Bernie is way too mild for many who feel he lets the establishment run all over him, follows through on supporting them at the end and then ends up with all the blame.  After 2016, I can see this point, and it looks like 2020 will be more of the same. We are all hoping the next "Bernie" will be a meaner, less tolerant, takes no guff, machine. 

Jimmy Dore also would probably like Bernie to run as a third party candidate and there are a lot of people in that camp.  i don't think Bernie would ever do that so I don't bother listening to those arguments.  I don't always agree with JImmy Dore either, and I've heard he was especially hard on Bernie about his voting for the stimulus bill, and I don't think Bernie had any other choice.  So, sometimes I agree with him about Bernie and sometimes not so much.

So, JImmy Dore is not perfect by a long shot, but his rage is in the right place and I value hearing his opinion, as I do the opinions of may varied voices.  Not good to get your information in one place and even you have probably been made to think about things a bit differently from Jimmy. 

Two thoughts (see above for highlighted passages being addressed):

1. "Not good to get your information in one place and even you have probably been made to think about things a bit differently from Jimmy."

I've never received any useful insight from a Jimmy Dore video.  One exception:  realization of dishonest arguments made by someone pretending to care about advancing progressive causes.

2. "Ironically, people like you who are influenced by MSM often say Bernie is negative or screams a lot, etc. Those are actually made up smears."

"People like me" aren't as stupid as you keep claiming.  For myself, my opinion of Bernie is based on:
(a) what he says; and
(b) what he does.

jamie said:

it's like a z morning zoo mentality.  It's really sad.  Even sadder that it's so prominent on here- time for a sink.  
grin

NOOOOOOOOOO!

The whole purpose of the thread (cripes, I even changed the title to include a warning) is to have the Jimmy Dore videos confined to a place, that other posters know about.  Then they can read it or not read it.

If you sink the thread, you'll be like Walter Peck in "Ghostbusters" shutting down the power grid.  You'll be responsible for unleashing mayhem throughout your message board.

nohero said:

NOOOOOOOOOO!

The whole purpose of the thread (cripes, I even changed the title to include a warning) is to have the Jimmy Dore videos confined to a place, that other posters know about.  Then they can read it or not read it.

If you sink the thread, you'll be like Walter Peck in "Ghostbusters" shutting down the power grid.  You'll be responsible for unleashing mayhem throughout your message board.

There is already mayhem throughout the politics message board...nan answers with a video and a long repetitive response...

nan said:

Tucker Carlson. He's awful on so much, but sometimes has the big picture better than MSNBC/CNN. He has spoken out against regime change in Syria and he did a great job describing how the Dems screwed over Bernie for their corporate overlords and rallied behind the pathetic Joe Biden. He actually has on guests who disagree with him and real Progressives such as Glen Greenwald.

If the reason you value Carlson is that he says things you agree with or invites guests you agree with, that’s not really expanding the variety of your sources. Do any of the things “he’s awful on” make you think in a different way? If not, are there others out there who challenge your own views in ways you consider worthwhile?

Vladimir Putin and Mitch McConnell are aligned in their preferences:

Choice #1 Donald Trump

Choice #2 Bernie Sanders

nohero said:

1. "Not good to get your information in one place and even you have probably been made to think about things a bit differently from Jimmy."

I've never received any useful insight from a Jimmy Dore video.  One exception:  realization of dishonest arguments made by someone pretending to care about advancing progressive causes.

2. "Ironically, people like you who are influenced by MSM often say Bernie is negative or screams a lot, etc. Those are actually made up smears."

"People like me" aren't as stupid as you keep claiming.  For myself, my opinion of Bernie is based on:
(a) what he says; and
(b) what he does.

You have Bernie derangement syndrome. Three million people just lost their jobs and many will not be able to afford healthcare and they will be contracting a deadly disease.  It's time to realize Bernie is right about Medicare for All.  

But, you have Bernie Derangement Syndrome so even your family going bankrupt would not get you onboard.

Red_Barchetta said:

Choice #1 Donald Trump

Choice #2 Bernie Sanders

Where is the evidence of Putin's preferences?   Otherwise you are just making crap up.

I don't care what Mitch McConnell says, although I don't see him liking Bernie.  I know they are thrilled to run against Biden who offers way more opportunity to win than Bernie.

DaveSchmidt said:

If the reason you value Carlson is that he says things you agree with or invites guests you agree with, that’s not really expanding the variety of your sources. Do any of the things “he’s awful on” make you think in a different way? If not, are there others out there who challenge your own views in ways you consider worthwhile?

Yes, Michael Tracey.  He thinks Biden can win and he has been challenging me on my thinking.  I'm still thinking about what he says.  

JImmy Dore weighs in on the neoliberal, servant of the elites, Andrew Cuomo.  The establishment seems to want to subvert Democracy and swap out Biden for Cuomo.  He's more articulate and willing to prostitute himself to the same donors to whom Biden is beholden.

Cuomo sucks. He's going to turn down state aid so he can cut Medicard during a pandemic.  

Has anyone on the message board been pushing for Cuomo over Biden?  anyone?

jamie said:

I think I have seen it mentioned, but it's clear from the propaganda balloons out there that the establishment is trying to get us used to the idea that they will subvert Democracy.  Since they are a private organization they can just change the rules anyway they want.  So, I think it is a good idea to take a look at Cuomo and figure out why they would do something like that.  And this Dore video covers all the horrible stuff Cuomo does, in case you are interested. 

Would it upset you if they swapped out Biden for Cuomo? 

nan said:

jamie said:

I think I have seen it mentioned, but it's clear from the propaganda balloons out there that the establishment is trying to get us used to the idea that they will subvert Democracy.  Since they are a private organization they can just change the rules anyway they want.  So, I think it is a good idea to take a look at Cuomo and figure out why they would do something like that.  And this Dore video covers all the horrible stuff Cuomo does, in case you are interested. 

Of course I would be upset - we have elections for a reason - like I said - it appears that Biden is getting the most votes - that's how they work.

The Cuomo thing is pure red meat for the Jimmy Dore mindset.  

nan said:

nohero said:

(a) what he says; and
(b) what he does.

You have Bernie derangement syndrome. Three million people just lost their jobs and many will not be able to afford healthcare and they will be contracting a deadly disease.  It's time to realize Bernie is right about Medicare for All.  

But, you have Bernie Derangement Syndrome so even your family going bankrupt would not get you onboard.

I gave a response to your earlier comments.

I would appreciate it, if you don't like my responses to your comments, that you don't resort to personal comments like that.

nan said:

Red_Barchetta said:

Choice #1 Donald Trump

Choice #2 Bernie Sanders

Where is the evidence of Putin's preferences?   Otherwise you are just making crap up.

I don't care what Mitch McConnell says, although I don't see him liking Bernie.  I know they are thrilled to run against Biden who offers way more opportunity to win than Bernie.

What was that about making up crap?  

On a different note it doesn't really matter if Bernie is right about M4A.  The more important thing he is 100% wrong about is his ability to enact it.  

Now I'm going to bid you adieu, Non.  I'll check back here in 6 month.  Maybe. 

jamie said:

Of course I would be upset - we have elections for a reason - like I said - it appears that Biden is getting the most votes - that's how they work.

The Cuomo thing is pure red meat for the Jimmy Dore mindset.  

The Cuomo thing is coming from the maintream media.  Dore is just commenting on it.  He's not the one who started it. 

nan said:

The Cuomo thing is coming from the maintream media.  Dore is just commenting on it.  He's not the one who started it. 

Jimmy Dore's entire body of work could be summed up as "I'm just sayin' …"

nohero said:

Jimmy Dore's entire body of work could be summed up as "I'm just sayin' …"

He's a commentator.  That's what they do. 

nan said:

MSM yes."Establishment" no.

In fact if I had your view of the "Establishment" I would think they would much prefer Biden whom they could control over Cuomo  whom no one seems able to control.

jamie said:

nan said:

jamie said:

So Nan, I have a hypothetical for you to ponder if you will.

Joe and Bernie get together and for the sake of Party Unity and to best create a ticket to defeat Trump they both agree to drop out and endorse Cuomo for Pres and Jamila Prayapal for VP with a firm commitment from Cuomo to serve only one term. Would you support that?

Remember it's just a hypothetical.

STANV said:

MSM yes."Establishment" no.

In fact if I had your view of the "Establishment" I would think they would much prefer Biden whom they could control over Cuomo  whom no one seems able to control.

According to this the establishment Dems are directly calling for this.  They realize that Biden is a disaster, but the's so bad they might not be able to successfully blame it on Bernie.  In this video, Krystal Ball describes democrats as "thirsty" for Cuomo and throwing themselves at him.   She also points out how Cuomo is just another Wall Street corporate hack with a better personality than Biden. 

nan said:

According to this the establishment Dems are directly calling for this.  They realize that Biden is a disaster, but the's so bad they might not be able to successfully blame it on Bernie.  In this video, Krystal Ball describes democrats as "thirsty" for Cuomo and throwing themselves at him.   She also points out how Cuomo is just another Wall Street corporate hack with a better personality than Biden. 

Which "establishment Dems" are cited by Ms. Ball in this piece, as "directly calling for this"?

[Edited to add] Here's one of the "news" items mentioned in the video as support - 
https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a31945211/andrew-cuomo-hot/

Jimmy Dore losing his sh*t going off on Bernie.

nohero said:

I would think you would like that.  You are usually happy when anyone yells at Bernie.  Dore has a point, since there is no one on the left calling out the massive giveaway to the corporate sector in that stimulus bill. Bernie and AOC did rail against it but they voted for it in the end.  Dore is angry about that.  He know Biden will lose and we are f**d better than most so I get it. We will never get M4A now and it's desperately needed.  He's mostly standing alone in this view, though, except for Michael Tracey and a few others.   

That KHive person is calling out the wrong person though.  It should read, "Joe Biden wants the primary in Wisconsin to be held in the middle of this pandemic.  She also is out of line with that remark about Bernie since Dore has been done with Bernie for some time and supported Tulsi during the primary (and he's pissed as hell about her Biden endorsement).  And she's just wrong, because the way this pandemic is turning out, it's clear that we do need a revolution.  We will get nothing with voting. We tried and it's worse than I even imagined.  People will be dying in the streets and we are more likely to get M4A from Trump than Biden.  In fact, I've heard Trump mention expanding Medicare.  I doubt he will, but he might promise that to get elected.  Just like 2016.  Trainwreck alert. . .

nan said:

nohero said:

I would think you would like that.  You are usually happy when anyone yells at Bernie.  Dore has a point, since there is no one on the left calling out the massive giveaway to the corporate sector in that stimulus bill. Bernie and AOC did rail against it but they voted for it in the end.  Dore is angry about that.  He know Biden will lose and we are f**d better than most so I get it. We will never get M4A now and it's desperately needed.  He's mostly standing alone in this view, though, except for Michael Tracey and a few others.   

That KHive person is calling out the wrong person though.  It should read, "Joe Biden wants the primary in Wisconsin to be held in the middle of this pandemic.  She also is out of line with that remark about Bernie since Dore has been done with Bernie for some time and supported Tulsi during the primary (and he's pissed as hell about her Biden endorsement).  And she's just wrong, because the way this pandemic is turning out, it's clear that we do need a revolution.  We will get nothing with voting. We tried and it's worse than I even imagined.  People will be dying in the streets and we are more likely to get M4A from Trump than Biden.  In fact, I've heard Trump mention expanding Medicare.  I doubt he will, but he might promise that to get elected.  Just like 2016.  Trainwreck alert. . .

Have you noticed that countries with national health care are also suffering in this pandemic?

How could M4A possibly make a difference in these conditions?

Jimmy is starting to recognize that his time has passed.   He, like Nan-bot, is lashing out at anyone and everyone because they are done.   Even Crazy Bernie is not safe from Jimmy the Irrelevant Bore.  

I love it.  

drummerboy said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Have you noticed that countries with national health care are also suffering in this pandemic?

How could M4A possibly make a difference in these conditions?

He shoots, he scores.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!