November 2020 (or maybe January 2021)- If Trump Loses

drummerboy said:

I'm assuming this guy is just a wacko blowhard, but this isn't useful discourse.

https://www.mediamatters.org/infowars/militia-leader-stewart-rhodes-says-his-group-will-be-polling-locations-and-ready-kill

Oath Keepers militia leader Stewart Rhodes said members of his militia will be at polling locations on Election Day to “protect” Trump voters during an appearance on far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ program.

After making that claim, Rhodes made a number of unhinged statements, including saying Oath Keepers would follow directives from President Donald Trump to take members of the “deep state” into custody and “do what we have to do,” that Trump should invoke the Insurrection Act before the election, that Oath Keepers will “be in range” of Washington D.C., to stop a “Benghazi-style” attack on the White House on election night, and that a war will have to be fought against Democrats on the West Coast who are “bought” by the Chinese government. Rhodes also hyped the possibility of a second civil war where his “battle-hardened” supporters kill the “street soldiers” and “command and control” of “the radical left.” He later claimed the United States is already in a civil war because “you have sitting politicians who are part of the enemy’s ranks.”

Disturbingly, Rhodes telegraphed how he will interpret election results, saying that he would consider a win by Democratic nominee Joe Biden illegitimate and evidence the election had been stolen, presaging how he and his militia might react to that outcome.

Rhodes’ Oath Keepers militia, which is comprised of “former law enforcement officials and military veterans,” is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “one of the largest radical antigovernment groups in the U.S. today.” The Los Angeles Times reported Rhodes has indicated that some Oath Keepers “have signed up as poll watchers, while others plan to monitor the election armed and ‘undercover,’ drawing their weapons if needed.”

During an October 27 appearance on The Alex Jones Show, Rhodes said members of his militia are going to “stand up and protect people on Election Day” at the polls because opponents of Trump will be supposedly “coercing and threatening” his supporters as part of an effort by Democrats to steal the election.

It's not for nothing that DHS thinks domestic terrorists are the biggest terrorism treat to the US right now. This is good example of that.

I would also point out that the main goal of terrorists is to sow fear (terror). They want us to be afraid and stay away from our normal business. Let's not fall in that trap. 

STANV said:

The Republican candidate for Congress in a NJ District supports this group.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/congress/pallotta-doubles-down-on-support-for-nj-based-domestic-terror-group-in-debate-vs-gottheimer/

Sure, but according to 538 this particular Republican candidate has a 2% chance of winning that election, so I don't think supporting domestic terror groups has a lot of support amongst NJ voters

Remember the Brooks Brothers riot of 2000?

That's nothing compared to the Kavanaugh riots of 2020. If WI, MI or PA are close (maybe FL too) and counting continues after Nov 3, get ready for massive MAGA protests at the vote counting sites. Kavanaugh has already given the cover that such counting is suspect.

On the subject of Trump going to prison.

I'm afraid of what would happen if a Biden Justice Department went straight at Trump himself right away. I fear we are sitting in something of a powderkeg right now after six years of Trump whipping up the radical right.

A Biden presidency would last at least four years. I think patience would be prudent and energy should be poured into dismantling some of the more militant (and well-armed) groups out there. And I think it would be reasonable to start investigating some of his close allies. He would no longer be able to protect them through the Attorney General, and I don't think a militia would care one bit if Giuliani went on trial. Especially given Trump's penchant for bailing on associates in trouble. 

Then as the investigations start to mount, with no pardon power to protect them, some people might feel more compelled to cooperate. And then you could see a stronger case for an investigation into the Big Orange. 

Just random thoughts on a rainy Thursday. 

One more thought: we were pondering a few days in the Poconos during the break next week. I changed my mind. I don't want to be driving a car with blue state plates in rural Pennsylvania next week. 

Since there's an ongoing investigation by NY State, I would lay off Trump for the moment.

drummerboy said:

Since there's an ongoing investigation by NY State, I would lay off Trump for the moment.

Fair enough. 

mrincredible said:
One more thought: we were pondering a few days in the Poconos during the break next week. I changed my mind. I don't want to be driving a car with blue state plates in rural Pennsylvania next week. 

Are you sure you are not overreacting? 

basil said:

We decided we're going to see what happens. 

Yes I may be overreacting now but where we go up there is kinda deep in the woods without a large law enforcement presence.

mrincredible said:

Yes I may be overreacting now but where we go up there is kinda deep in the woods without a large law enforcement presence.

just pretend you're from Warren County.

You could always stick a Trump sticker on your car.

drummerboy said:

What do I do about the "Kamala 2028" tattoo on my forehead?

mrincredible said:

drummerboy said:

What do I do about the "Kamala 2028" tattoo on my forehead?

hoodie

drummerboy said:

hoodie

Ha!

Honestly history is full of times when people didn't see bad **** coming down the road. Do I think we're up for a full scale Civil War? No. 

Do I think some idiots may climb onto a bunch of monster pickups with blue stripe flags and drive around waving guns and maybe somebody does something stupid?

Maybe.

mrincredible said:

basil said:

On a different level, I got some out-of-the-blue threats shouted at me from a Chevy truck while driving my Honda Civic in a rural county outside Philly about 25 years ago.

DaveSchmidt said:

mrincredible said:

basil said:

On a different level, I got some out-of-the-blue threats shouted at me from a Chevy truck while driving my Honda Civic in a rural county outside Philly about 25 years ago.

That's their way of showing affection

basil said:

I suspect you don’t know what you’re talking about.

DaveSchmidt said:

basil said:

I suspect you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You really have an anger management problem, don't you

DaveSchmidt said:

I no longer suspect.

cute

they're coming

drummerboy said:

they're coming

I am not afraid of these clowns

It’s the group calling themselves “Jews for Trump”... hopefully the state police will actively investigate these people. They said they were going to investigate because of the videos on social media. Let’s see.

basil said:

mrincredible said:

Used to live in Marshalls Creek (yes, that's a real name, sans apostrophe). Area is loaded with NJ/NY refugees trying to afford housing and driving 2 hours to work. Might not be as redneck as it was pre-80s, when the caravans started moving westward from urban areas.

When I arrived ('84), lots of resentment from locals. As Carville famously defined PA, Philly in the East; Pittsburgh in the West; Alabama in the middle. 

GL2 said:

basil said:

mrincredible said:

Used to live in Marshalls Creek (yes, that's a real name, sans apostrophe). Area is loaded with NJ/NY refugees trying to afford housing and driving 2 hours to work. Might not be as redneck as it was pre-80s, when the caravans started moving westward from urban areas.

When I arrived ('84), lots of resentment from locals. As Carville famously defined PA, Philly in the East; Pittsburgh in the West; Alabama in the middle. 

Resentment is ok, violence is not ok.

I'm with db on this: all of these Trumpsters seem to swallow the "fake news" BS. Why would they accept an outcome presented by mainstream media and even Fox, which has credible election night reporting.

And gun sales are through the roof, even on the left (to a lesser degree of course).

And, if the bus incident and the traffic disruptions are any preview, I think we have a problem here.

My big question is how cops, Guard, military, treat these yahoos on the right vis a vis those on the left. Remember the cops handing out water bottles to vigilantes and thanking them?

Just cover those BLM and "I love antifa" bumper stickers on your car. cheese

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.