SORS Needs your help - we are in the final round for a $25,000 grant - lets do this!

Has everyone used all their votes today?

8 hours of voting left - we're currently #30. The top 40 get $.

We love you rescue squad! EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE, AND BE SURE TO GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE!

Still have 4 1/2 hours to vote if you haven't already This from NJ.com

South Orange Rescue Squad (Essex County)

The volunteer squad is seeking the $25,000 grant to complete the rebuilding of its new headquarters and fund construction of a training room.

The squad, which provides free emergency medical care to residents in South Orange and Maplewood, was recently forced to leave its headquarters to make room for a new real estate development, according to squad's message on the Facebook app.

We got bumped from #25 to #35 - 4 hours left!

Twenty- one is great! Sometimes with these contests there is a big last minute push. If you haven't voted, please do. Also, if you can get a few more people involved that might help. I really hope SORS gets this.

Vote vote vote!! Let's see how high in the standings we can get!!

At #11 now with 1 1/2 hours to go. I just posted again on my Facebook page.

Currently at 11, let's keep it up

#8 with 1/2 hour left. Last minute push seems to be working. Thanks to all who voted.

Voting has closed and the leaderboard has gone away, but as of 3 minutes ago, we were ranked # 9.

The top 40 causes each get a grant, so I think it's safe to say that we have won.

THANK YOU to this amazing community for all of your support.

4,000 causes applied. From there we were chosen to be in the top 200, and it was the community rallying around us that pushed us up to #9.

This grant will be put to extremely good use and we are very grateful to all of you for helping us get it.

Dan

Thank you Dan and the squad for all you do! You rock!

I'm beyond excited about the grant and beyond excited about how the community pulled together for you I cannot think of a worthier cause that the South Orange Rescue Squad.We appreciate all that you do for us

So glad they made the cut. Early this morning the South Orange Rescue squad made a call for my mom who had fallen in her apartment . They checked her out and were so kind and professional. Thank You SORS

Many thanks to Dan for bringing to everyone's attention this excellent opportunity to support our town.

Cross posting this to make sure all who voted see it...

We can finally announce that the South Orange Rescue Squad has won the $25,000 Neighborhood Assist Grant from State Farm. Thank you very much for all of your help in getting us there.

More than 4,000 applications were submitted and from those we were chosen to be in the top 200. It was then the support of the community that pushed us to the top of the list and ensured that we were among the top 40 causes-- each of which will get a $25,000 grant.

During what felt like 3 endless weeks of voting, we were blown away by how the community-- and especially many of you mol'ers-- rallied around us to push us over the top. Thank you! This is a much needed grant and will be put to very good use so that we can continue to provide the residents of South Orange and Maplewood with free Emergency Medical care.

Great news. Congrats to Dan and the SORS.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.