SOMA Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Group

I will check messages if you get lost.;-)

A huge thank you to our host and a smaller one to those who were able to come this evening. Our next book is The Martian by Weir on March 26th. The April book will be The Magicians by Grossman.

March 26th - The Martian. April 23rd - The Magicians. Please let me know if you'd like to host. Snow should be gone, I hope. Remember to have a slice on Pi Day!

For summer how about A Game of Thrones to be discussed in October at the first fall sessions. Opinions?

I'm about 2/3 through it, so that works for me! Also The Martian was brilliant. Everyone read it now.

March 26th needs a host for a discussion of The Martian by Weir. Anyone please? We are 8 to 10 people who show up. Thanks!

Finished the Martian in one day of jury duty. Very nice. Would anyone like to host a lively discussion on March 26th?

We have a host for the 26th! Thank you for the kind offer of your home. Please rsvp so I can give a head count and send a pm for the address.

Pi day is over. It'll come around again next year. Beware the Ides!

Please join us for a lively discussion of "The Martian" by Weir this Thursday the 26th at 8 p.m. RSVP and send a message for the address of our kind host.

How about reading Mort for April in honor of Sir Pratchett? See you this Thursday.

Remember to rsvp for this Thursday's book discussion. I'd like to give the host a head count asap. Thanks!

Tomorrow's book discussion is The Martian by Weir at 8 p.m. Please rsvp today. Hope to see you there!

Thanks to our kind hosts for the delicious food and welcoming home last night! Please join us for a discussion of "Mort" by Sir Terry Pratchett in April. In May the book is "The Magicians" by Lev Grossman.

Please read Mort by Sir Pratchett for April 30th. Thank you, Hosts, for the date and place!

Welcome to the new forum! Wave of the future, I suppose. This is a test. Book of the month - Mort by Sir Pratchett. We meet on the 30th. All are welcome. Message me for the host and address. Thanks!

I'd love to join, but not for a few months as new baby is coming in a week or two

Please join us on the 30th for a lively discussion of  "Mort " by Sir Terry Pratchett at 8 p.m. Send me a message for the address of our kind hosts.

Please rsvp for this Thursday's book discussion of " Mort " by Sir Terry Pratchett. Thank you! 

See you tomorrow night at 8 p.m. Please let me know if you're coming if you haven't already!

See all tonight! If the host's address is needed, please send a private message to me.

Bring a fuzzy: we may be outside!

A huge thank you to our wonderful hosts! Next month's book is The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Over the summer we are reading Game of Thrones for October. You are welcome to meet June to September if someone organizes the books and meetings. I'm off!

Please join us on May 28th for a lively discussion of The Magicians by Lev Grossman at 8 p.m. We have a host, who is much appreciated. 

The Magicians will soon be on tv. Let's chat about that, too, on the 28th. Please come book read or not.

Have a good long weekend with a nice read: The Magicians by Lev Grossman.

Hope your weekend is going well. Unfortunately I am unable to attend the book group on the 28th. Please still come. Message me for the address. Also rsvp please.

Enjoy the discussion of The Magicians tonight. Please rsvp. Join us book finished or not.

Summer beach reading: Our book for October is Game of Thrones by Martin. There may be some more summer reads June, July, and August. Keep an eye here and please check SOMA Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Group on Facebook. Enjoy!

Comicbooklady said:
Summer beach reading: Our book for October is Game of Thrones by Martin. There may be some more summer reads June, July, and August. Keep an eye here and please check SOMA Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Group on Facebook. Enjoy!

Hi. I'm new to Maplewood and would like some more information about the group. I am avid reader of sci fi and would love to participate.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.