Political Activism - Please share any groups or events that we can support.

Non-governmental personnel -- and Emperor Penguins -- even "marched" in Antarctica. grin

nytimes.com: Pictures from Women's Marches Around the World

http://tinyurl.com/jsmqnej

DottyParker said:

Non-governmental personnel -- and Emperor Penguins -- even "marched" in Antarctica. grin

nytimes.com: Pictures from Women's Marches Around the World

http://tinyurl.com/jsmqnej

This is a treasure! I've been sharing on FB for hours all kinds of links and individual photos but these are among the best!

Amazing Author, I had not heard Greece mentioned today and I have been looking to post a world map that I had seen with pin points. I imagine tomorrow when they begin sifting through the news we will hear more. I'll bet Fareed Zakaria will have something interesting to share.

They have a choice of colors?

Morganna said:

Amazing Author, I had not heard Greece mentioned today and I have been looking to post a world map that I had seen with pin points. I imagine tomorrow when they begin sifting through the news we will hear more. I'll bet Fareed Zakaria will have something interesting to share.

The march was multi faceted and had many goals. So many refugees stuck in a nether world who just want to go\

home. The Greek economy is not in good shape and all. And yet my kinsman have done the best they could to provide decent living conditions for those who sought refuge.

Before the current troubles and in my travels there I met several souls from Bulgaria who came legally, I think, seeking what they could not find at home. Even my olive growing relatives in a small village near Argos employ

refugees when they can. Since they are getting up in age and the young ones followed the pattern of leaving

the farms for the cities...........they need all the help they can get

I should mention that the USof A is and always has been popular in Greece. Everybody has a cousin brother or

Uncle in Chicago , Detroit and Topeka..... I swear I get asked four times a month if I knew their loved ones

In a way I do...........they are the immigrant kind......They left home but never really did

PS I believe a march was held in Thessaloniki. the second largest city. Am gathering details.

I would expect no less

An exemplary protest the likes we have never seen. Huge, orderly, respectful of the rules. As a result it is going to have a real lasting impact, as opposed to the anarchic Occupy Wall Street which was mostly guys making a rare trip out of their mother's basement and away from their gaming chairs primarily in the hope of smoking some weed or if they get really lucky getting laid, or Black Lives Matters and otanti Tump protests that were primarily interested in causing chaos by unplanned or authorized blocking of streets and damaging property.

The difference yesterday was stark. Protest done right. Should show everyone that it is possible.

Gilgul said:

An exemplary protest the likes we have never seen. Huge, orderly, respectful of the rules. As a result it is going to have a real lasting impact, as opposed to the anarchic Occupy Wall Street which was mostly guys making a rare trip out of their mother's basement and away from their gaming chairs primarily in the hope of smoking some weed or if they get really lucky getting laid, or Black Lives Matters and otanti Tump protests that were primarily interested in causing chaos by unplanned or authorized blocking of streets and damaging property.
The difference yesterday was stark. Protest done right. Should show everyone that it is possible. fI

If everyone followed "the rules" we would still be speaking British English

Kellyanne argues with Chuck Todd on MtheP re crowd size lie - "We have alternative facts, Chuck."

The MOVEMENT is love based and included women and men from multiple other movements and protests, ESPECIALLY BLM, WALL STREET, and PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HILLARY AND TRUMP. Think DIVERSITY not division. An example can be found below.

Gilgul said:

The difference yesterday was stark.
Protest done right. Should show everyone that it is possible.

What an amazing day! Now To keep to momentum going

Thought everyone would like this photo!

Spoken and heard! Love the NYPD cars...first time I've seen those pics. You folks have your hats on straight. Your towns should be proud as ****.

librarylady said:

What an amazing day! Now To keep to momentum going

He needs a Republican Congress..............and the next step is

I had a couple of ideas. I floated them out on FB and one on another thread.

Gimmicky things often catch the media's attention so on Trump's attack on the press, it might be a good idea to flood the press/media with support. Maybe in time for Valentine's Day. Tweets, emails, love letters to the press, an avalanche of clever Valentine's delivered to MSNBC & CNN. If it was big enough and zany enough think how much fun they would all have reporting it and how Trump would hate it. Today Conway threw at Chuck Todd, who was trying to pin her to the truth, that the media has only 14% approval. Why not send the message that the media works for us not him. It sounds like the kind of thing that Maddow would have fun with.

How about a march for April 18th? Taxes, you show me yours I'll show you mine.... It times nicely with the end of his first 100 days.

Bad news. Looks like there are going to be demos at Planned Parenthood centers in early Feb. around the country and it looks like it is being planned for NJ. It's to send a message to Trump and congress to defund and is a week or so after the Anti choice march in January. I'm betting Trump uses the momentum to put out his SCOTUS pick.

I edited this as there was a plan to have a counter rally but PP does not want it to happen. The rally against them is still on.

young people speaking their minds...

LOST said:

A movement must be built by organizing at the local level just like the Tea Party.

+1 Progressives and liberals need to be more vocal. Marching in DC this past Saturday and talking with friends we thought where was this activism and protests during the election, how many of these young people voted?

I am also looking at myself when I say activism, and hope to maintain it locally. BLM, Income inequality, Women's rights & equal pay, climate change, LGBTQ rights, healthcare, abortion rights, etc.. these are all multi pronged points in a spear, much like the Tea Party had multiple points that they used to organize.

Interesting song. I never heard this song before despite being a Pete Seeger fan.

author said:

Here is something for today. Paul Ryan is taking a telephone poll on the ACA. Call 202-225-0600 listen to a short spiel Press 2 to weigh in the matter Listen to another short spiel Press 1 to support the ACA

CompassRose said:

young people speaking their minds...

But why are the puassy Hats all pink? It seems a bit racist, a bit elitist. Even the Caucasian male wearing a paussy.. all white people. Shouldn't there by brown, black, coffee etc.. colors representing all puassy colors. We own a puassy that's grey... I gather that Men are going to march on Washington soon with penises on their heads. I guess they will be called Dickheads, and we should all demand that different colors and sizes be represented- the rainbow of penile America. After all, my Bill's had a bend to the left, according to his rape victims..It's been so long I can't remember.

prerak77 said:

Marching in DC this past Saturday and talking with friends we thought where was this activism and protests during the election, how many of these young people voted?

I don't know about activism and protest, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that the vast majority of the people there who were of age probably voted. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

BrickPig said:

prerak77 said:

Marching in DC this past Saturday and talking with friends we thought where was this activism and protests during the election, how many of these young people voted?

I don't know about activism and protest, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that the vast majority of the people there who were of age probably voted. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise.

Lowest since 1996,

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/11/politics/popular-vote-turnout-2016/

But you are probably correct that if you came to the marches, you most likely cared enough to make to a voting booth.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.