How To Park Like a Tool

nothing to do but take pics of other peoples cars huh guys lol. I'm all for parking correctly but unless the drivers are reprimanded some how than there really is no point to it. if you don't catch the guy and call em out or do what the another poster did and use chalk and write a funny message than the guy basically gets away with it. if anything get the number of that parking guy who patrols and writes a million tickets on Springfield Ave everyday and report em.

wang1906 said:

nothing to do but take pics of other peoples cars huh guys lol. I'm all for parking correctly but unless the drivers are reprimanded some how than there really is no point to it. if you don't catch the guy and call em out or do what the another poster did and use chalk and write a funny message than the guy basically gets away with it. if anything get the number of that parking guy who patrols and writes a million tickets on Springfield Ave everyday and report em.

http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

Saw this yesterday in Ivy Hill Plaza...

In my new neighborhood, if you park your car hanging out of a legal space by even just one foot, you can be sure to get an expensive ticket.

Last night I told some guys with a virginia license plate that parking next to a hydrant is the least tolerated violation. I saved them a lot of trouble and money. What did they know?

And all of NYC is a tow away zone.

This deserves another showing:

http://youtu.be/pfHvr1La2LI

^^^ LOL

Every male -- including me -- in my family is a clone of Larry David.

Hilarious! @meggie and I were discussing how not obeying the rules of society is anarchical. Well, we were also discussing how we use "hilarious" too much...

marylago said:

Hilarious! @meggie and I were discussing how not obeying the rules of society is anarchical. Well, we were also discussing how we use "hilarious" too much...

Verrry funny...very funny. Now that I am trying to not to use 'hilarious', I find I use 'very funny' too much.

Every day that I come home, I find someone parked in our parking lot like a true tool.

btw, that Larry David clip: UH HUH, just anarchy!

Steve said:

And all of NYC is a tow away zone.

Nope. Just all of Manhattan from 96th St and down.

Sorry, Tom, all of NYC. Scroll down to parking regulations.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/parking-rates.shtml
Certain offenses have higher fines Southnof the midline of 96th Street.

North of 96th they just steal your steering wheel, and come back the next day for the tires, hood and instruments.

At least, that's what happened to my Triumph Spitfire when I parked it on 106th street in 1987. Maybe the laws are different now.

Oh. I can never keep this stuff straight.

Ashley's Market parking lot, yesterday afternoon:

I have a feeling that it was the Land Rover that parked like a tool first, giving permission to the Nissan to also park like a tool.

Too much to drink at HIghland Place?

Parked attempt near Maplewood B of A on side street.

Stop fussing, y'all! I want more photos of dreadful parking!!

The best thing about this thread is that it is debunking the myth that only BMW drivers are dicks.

Slightly off topic: When I was a kid there was a Moose Lodge (like the Elks) across the street from my house, which had no driveway. On Saturday nights most spots on our street were taken by the Moosers, as we called them. One winter Saturday evening, after a pretty heavy snowfall, a guy pulled into the spot my brother (about 14) and I (about 11) had just excavated for the family Oldmobile. My brother said "Hey mister, you can't park there. We just shoveled that spot out for our dad's car." To which the tool replied "It's a public street. I'll park where I want." My brother paused and said "OK, have a good evening," then whispered to me "Get the hose." After the tool went into the Moose we sprayed the car with water until it froze, then buried it in snow.

You shouldn't have done that. And it's so funny and clever!

That's exactly what you should have done. He's lucky you didn't spike the tires.

It's also exactly what he should have expected.

Couldn't resist this one from the other day. It just screamed "Post me!"

norman said:

The best thing about this thread is that it is debunking the myth that only BMW drivers are dicks.

On a related subject, I'm firmly convinced that it's minivan drivers who are most dangerous / reckless / clueless..

wang1906 said:

if you don't catch the guy and call em out or do what the another poster did and use chalk and write a funny message than the guy basically gets away with it..

And this is why I always leave a note, handwritten for a more personal touch. We should all do the same, as if it's our duty as responsible, or at least conscious, human beings.

This is why I keep a Post-it pad and Sharpie in my glovebox.

ace789nj said:

Nice

"Please do not reproduce." Are you worried about the asshat gene being passed on to future generations?

Oldstone said:

This is why I keep a Post-it pad and Sharpie in my glovebox.

But do you keep a supply of condoms on hand for this purpose, too?

;-)

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!