How To Park Like a Tool

Wow. I was going to post a couple of pictures take at Target yesterday but compared to the guy in front of Roman Gourmet, my guys are great.

BTW what's with blurring the license plates?

metaphysician said:

Those are like the Disability Rat stickers I wrote about on the previous page. Brutal glue!

From a purely hypothetical point of view... GOOD TO KNOW.
;-)

In response to my 'Seriously?!' my wife replied 'But, but, it's a Mercedes.' Ahh good memories of our Russian realtor.

At NYSC in Livingston, there is ALWAYS someone (usually the same someone) parked in the fire lane. Because if you're going to work out, I guess you can't possibly walk an extra 30 yards. (and no, these are not people just picking up a child.)

That Hyundai coupe in front of Roman's looks like it made an illegal left turn into the spot. No way you park that bad pulling in the right way.

Suzie2 said:

How's this for a way to get blocked in?

Suzie - That car was parked there all day too! Way longer than a two hour spot allows.

prerak77 said:

That Hyundai coupe in front of Roman's looks like it made an illegal left turn into the spot. No way you park that bad pulling in the right way.
Yup. As I said above, as the code enforcement guy parked next to them on the other side said, if you're gonna make an illegal left into a parking space, at least be smart enough to straighten out your car so the cops can't tell that that's what you did.

algebra2 said:

Suzie - That car was parked there all day too! Way longer than a two hour spot allows.
Nope, that must've been another time. The day that shot was taken, we pulled in, were in Kings for 15 minutes, came out to find that car blocking us in. The owner of the silver car walked up just as we were trying to figure out how to find them. After the crack (see above) from the code enforcement guy, the owner of the silver car straightened out the car so it was parked correctly in the space. Then after we discussed the situation, they left (drove away).

ETA: Since someone asked, no, the driver of the silver car is not a M/SO resident.

Really - I swear i saw it there twice - three hours apart

algebra2 said:

Really - I swear i saw it there twice - three hours apart

It's possible that the owner is a serial customer of even an employee of one of the nearby businesses and is a habitual tool parker....

The owner probably considers it their very own personal parking spot, and in perpetuity.

Home Depot on a busy weekday. Sigh.

Looks like it may even cross over into the two spaces in FRONT of the two spaces it's already wasting!

It was a work of art to be sure.

I think all further postings will pale in comparison. The bar has been set too high. S/he gets quadruple points for the vehicle not being a 100K+ Italian exotic.

bikefixed said:

Home Depot on a busy weekday. Sigh.

The Home Depot parking never disappoints; on every visit, I can always find two or three horrible parking jobs.

I wish I'd taken a picture of the guy parked illegally outside the Trattoria in SO last night....directly behind a (legally parked) police car. Bold move.

Unfortunately I figured my taking a photo while driving would have been a slightly more serious offense.

If that big-ass truck at Home Depot really took up 4 spots, then it wins. Hands-down.

UW plate. "United We Stand".

metaphysician said:

If that big-ass truck at Home Depot really took up 4 spots, then it wins. Hands-down.
Yeah, but at least he wasn't blocking anyone in. Them's who do that deserve a special place in parking hell.

When I was young, I lived in Washington Heights. Along Dyckman Street, the gypsy cab drivers (jeez, what a demeaning sounding name that is!) would double park their cars in front of restaurants and go in and have an entire meal before moving their cars. People who were stopping momentarily would triple park their cars. You could witness this at any time of day.

Tom_Reingold said:

the gypsy cab drivers (jeez, what a demeaning sounding name that is!) would double park their cars in front of restaurants

In my mind, "gypsy" has an exotic and roguish flavor to it, not simply demeaning.

Illegal parking on the left side of the street in front of Trattoria is a regular occurrence. I have even seen various public vehicles do this as well.

hans said:

Illegal parking on the left side of the street in front of Trattoria is a regular occurrence. I have even seen various public vehicles do this as well.

Though I usually try not let such things get under my skin, I must admit that this makes me want to scream obscenities at the offender.

hans said:

No one should do that, but it's not all that disruptive. I mean to say that I'm not defending it, but it's not really a huge problem.

Suzie2 said:

How's this for a way to get blocked in?

you should send the version with the license plate no. to the MPD.

I'm going to start doing that with people who park illegally next the crosswalks. that's infuriating. when you're driving you can't see people in the crosswalk because some entitled asshat decided the rules aren't for them.

I'm just waiting for the day when a picture of my car appears in this thread.

hauscat said:

Not exactly a parking issue but I need to vent!!! Someone stops and blocks the commuter parking lot entrance by the Rescue Squad in the morning at 715 to let a passenger off. There were a number of us today trying to get in to catch the 720 train...aarghh! Suggestions? Edited to add that the person doesn't just pop out of the car.
LAY on the horn.

PeggyC said:

My parents had a handicapped thing for their car back when my father was in and out of hospitals and rehab for a year... I came across it the other day in the owners' manual for the car, and it had an expiration date. Is that common??
Every one of those I ever saw had an expiration date.

Tom_Reingold said:

hans said:

No one should do that, but it's not all that disruptive. I mean to say that I'm not defending it, but it's not really a huge problem.
If there was a fire, the fire trucks would not be able to get through as it is VERY narrow with cars on both sides of the street there. Guess maybe that's why it's illegal, huh?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.