GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

GL2 said:

Trump baselessly claims Democratic voters change clothes after voting “and vote again”

“Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again”

follow us in feedly
MATTHEW ROZSA
NOVEMBER 14, 2018 10:52PM (UTC)
..."The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes. When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on," Trump told The Daily Caller.

salon.com

Its proven.

At the end of October we see many Democrats buying disguises, costumes and make-up.

Trump, on Pat Buchanan:

“On slow days,” Trump wrote in an op-ed, “he attacks gays, immigrants, welfare recipients, even Zulus. When cornered, he says he’s misunderstood.”

Excerpt From
The Red and the Blue
Steve Kornacki

BG9 said:

GL2 said:

Trump baselessly claims Democratic voters change clothes after voting “and vote again”

“Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again”

follow us in feedly
MATTHEW ROZSA
NOVEMBER 14, 2018 10:52PM (UTC)
..."The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes. When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on," Trump told The Daily Caller.

salon.com
Its proven.
At the end of October we see many Democrats buying disguises, costumes and make-up.

OK that made my day!

Spent the weekend in Philly to watch my daughter run the marathon. On Saturday, ended up in the middle of a protest of an anemic Proud Boys "rally" (maybe a dozen PBs). Got a firsthand look and chat with Antifa guys, whom I've come to admire for their courage and aggression in this time of Trump and the human sewage that follows his racist presidency.

Best part of the scene: the cabbies who refused to pick up PBs trying to get out of the protest. Ha ha, a$$holes.

GL2 said:
Spent the weekend in Philly to watch my daughter run the marathon. On Saturday, ended up in the middle of a protest of an anemic Proud Boys "rally" (maybe a dozen PBs). Got a firsthand look and chat with Antifa guys, whom I've come to admire for their courage and aggression in this time of Trump and the human sewage that follows his racist presidency.
Best part of the scene: the cabbies who refused to pick up PBs trying to get out of the protest. Ha ha, a$$holes.

I was in Philly in September and there were some freaks preaching about the evils of homosexuality.  And there were citizens of Philly playing trumpets and trombones in their faces to drown them out.

Great town. Given your and my anecdotes, I guess they all have the spirit usually attributed to Eagles fans. First time I've spent much time there, apart from usual tourist spots.

tjohn said:
I was in Philly in September and there were some freaks preaching about the evils of homosexuality.  And there were citizens of Philly playing trumpets and trombones in their faces to drown them out.

I was in Philly Oct 27 and 28, and I saw those street preachers. Overall, my impression of Philadelphians was that they made New Yorkers look genteel. My host said to one preacher, "Is that your costume, or are you naturally that stupid?" The preacher said, "You're going to burn in hell." I didn't think that was classy of my friend to say, but maybe it's in character for the city. There was yelling on the streets all over the city.

Tom_Reingold said:

I was in Philly Oct 27 and 28, and I saw those street preachers. Overall, my impression of Philadelphians was that they made New Yorkers look genteel. 

The difference between Philly and Manhattan is that in Philly, strangers on the street make eye contact. Over all, they make New Yorkers look self-absorbed.

GL2 said:
Most memorable line of the election season belongs to Gillum, as said to DeSantis: "I'm not saying you're a racist. The racists think you're a racist."
Generalize that line to Trump and his fervent followers.

If we are trading dopey comments, I offer this one, by Nancy Pelosi, uttered at a pre-election day stump speech before a crowd of DNC supporters”.

With much waving of hands, she shouted:  “Let’s hear it for preexisting conditions!”

The Troops Are Coming Home for Christmas!

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the Southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.
Democrats and Republicans have criticized the deployment as a ploy by the president to use active-duty military forces as a prop to try to stem Republican losses in this month’s midterm elections. Their withdrawal after just a few weeks could further fuel claims that the military was misused when there was no emergency.
The general overseeing the deployment told POLITICO on Monday that the first troops will start heading home in the coming days as some are already unneeded, having completed the missions they were sent for. The returning service members include engineering and logistics units whose jobs included placing concertina wire and other barriers to limit access to ports of entry at the U.S.-Mexican border.
All the troops should be home by Christmas, as originally expected, Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan said in an interview Monday.
"Our end date right now is 15 December, and I've got no indications from anybody that we'll go beyond that," said Buchanan, who leads the land forces of U.S. Northern Command.

Politico

mtierney said:

GL2 said:
Most memorable line of the election season belongs to Gillum, as said to DeSantis: "I'm not saying you're a racist. The racists think you're a racist."
 If we are trading dopey comments, I offer this one, by Nancy Pelosi, uttered at a pre-election day stump speech before a crowd of DNC supporters”.
With much waving of hands, she shouted:  “Let’s hear it for preexisting conditions!”

What's dopey about that? Just so we are clear, this was a victory speech, after the election, not a pre-election stump speech), and this is what she said in context:

"Today is more than about Democrats and Republicans. It's about restoring the Constitution's checks and balances to the Trump administration. It's about stopping the GOP and Mitch McConnell's assault on Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, and the health care of 130 million Americans living with pre-existing medical conditions," Pelosi said. "Let's hear it more for pre-existing medical conditions."

So you think it is dopey if someone speaks up for people that are disabled, have diabetes, cancer, etc. and wants to try to make sure that they cannot be kicked off health insurance?

GL2 said:

The 5,800 troops who were rushed to the Southwest border amid President Donald Trump’s pre-election warnings about a refugee caravan will start coming home as early as this week — just as some of those migrants are beginning to arrive.
Democrats and Republicans have criticized the deployment as a ploy by the president to use active-duty military forces as a prop to try to stem Republican losses in this month’s midterm elections. Their withdrawal after just a few weeks could further fuel claims that the military was misused when there was no emergency.
The general overseeing the deployment told POLITICO on Monday that the first troops will start heading home in the coming days as some are already unneeded, having completed the missions they were sent for. The returning service members include engineering and logistics units whose jobs included placing concertina wire and other barriers to limit access to ports of entry at the U.S.-Mexican border.
All the troops should be home by Christmas, as originally expected, Army Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Buchanan said in an interview Monday.
"Our end date right now is 15 December, and I've got no indications from anybody that we'll go beyond that," said Buchanan, who leads the land forces of U.S. Northern Command.

Politico

Does trump know about this? Or, to rephrase the question, has this been covered on fox & friends?

mtierney said:

GL2 said:

I think Gillum's statement was true. Pelosi isn't the only one who has used this shorthand to mean health insurance coverage for those with preexisting conditions. Trump said "I want to keep preexisting conditions.

In any event this one takes the cake for stupid comments by politicians this season:

“If he invited me to a public hanging, I’d be on the front row,” Hyde-Smith is heard saying in a video posted to Twitter by journalist and blogger Lamar White Jr. on Sunday morning.

GL2 said:

Gives new meaning to "White Christmas".

smile 

I hear they slowed the withdrawal down so it seems like a less contrived move.

"Happy Thanksgiving - Ain't I Great!"

President Trump’s Thanksgiving began, as his days often do, with an all-caps tweet: “HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!” 

Minutes later, he tweeted of potential “bedlam, chaos, injury and death,” a harbinger of what would be a frenetic Thanksgiving morning.

Over the span of a few hours, the president would mix the traditional pablum of Thanksgiving tidings with renouncing the findings of his Central Intelligence Agency, threatening Mexico, criticizing court decisions, attacking Hillary Clinton over her emails, misstating facts about the economy, floating a shutdown of the government — and per usual, jousting with the news media.

Asked what he was most thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day — a question that for commanders in chief usually prompts praise of service members in harm’s way — Trump delivered a singularly Trumpian answer.

“I made a tremendous difference in our country,” he said, citing himself.

WaPo

Looking forward to further holiday greetings!

Trump reminds me of "Crank Yankers."  Only Trump's cranks don't stop when you slam the phone down on him.

he's totally trolling everyone with all that nonsense.  It's time to stop pretending he's not.

ml1 said:
he's totally trolling everyone with all that nonsense.  It's time to stop pretending he's not.

It's actually worse if he actually believes his own BS.

LOST said:

ml1 said:

I doubt he really does.  Part of his strategy is to drive the libs crazy.  Most of his ridiculous tweets and off the cuff comments are likely designed to do that.

ml1 said:

LOST said:

ml1 said:
 I doubt he really does.  Part of his strategy is to drive the libs crazy.  Most of his ridiculous tweets and off the cuff comments are likely designed to do that.

You should read this thread  https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/1065379963237478401

To talk of Trump and whether he "believes" something seriously misunderstands him, I think.  Yes, no doubt some of his pronouncements are simply meant to troll us - but most of them just show us how delusional he is - and I mean delusional in the clinical sense.

But read the thread - it's very enlightening on this subject.

Aren't you guys getting tired of responding and getting upset every time trump (or one of his proxies) says something stupid or evil or untrue? It's always tempting, but I have to admit it is becoming less tempting over time, because it is this endless source of BS. And then tierney with this fascination on clinton and obama. Are we seriously going to get riled up for every brain fart?

mtierney said:
Has Hillary given up — or is she gearing up?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/22/world/europe/hillary-clinton-migration-populism-europe.html

No one really cares.

And, by the way, this thread is about Trump

gerritn said:
Aren't you guys getting tired of responding and getting upset every time trump (or one of his proxies) says something stupid or evil or untrue? It's always tempting, but I have to admit it is becoming less tempting over time, because it is this endless source of BS. And then tierney with this fascination on clinton and obama. Are we seriously going to get riled up for every brain fart?

What you are saying makes sense. Especially for my mental health. But I feel like I/we must be vigilant and never let any of his crap become normalized. Sometimes a particular friend and I take turns paying attention to give the other a break. I'm not even kidding

blianderson said:

gerritn said:
 What you are saying makes sense. Especially for my mental health. But I feel like I/we must be vigilant and never let any of his crap become normalized. Sometimes a particular friend and I take turns paying attention to give the other a break. I'm not even kidding

I agree with the importance of non-normalization. However, it's important that the discussion not revolve around a fact-check, because all that does is spread his b.s. Of course he lies with every breath. That's a given. But we have to be smarter in our responses. That goes especially for the major media, which has so far failed spectacularly in their coverage.

https://medium.com/@GeorgeLakoff/a-blitzkrieg-strategy-of-lies-and-distractions-829c59880015

Here’s a clear example of the degree to which many reporters — even great ones — fail to understand how Trump manipulates the media.

Carl Bernstein, one of the legendary Watergate reporters who took down the corrupt Nixon presidency, was interviewed by CNN’s Brian Stelter about Trump’s constant lies. Bernstein correctly observed that Trump and his ilk are engaged in a “war on truth.” But then he suggested that reporters counter Trump’s lies by dedicating more time and energy to examining whether they are true.

Said Bernstein: “When Trump talks, for instance, about voter fraud. . .we need to be doing stories about the reality of whether or not there is widespread voter fraud.”

This couldn’t be more wrong. If reporters dedicate time and energy to investigating whether known lies might be true, they will continue to cede control of the news cycle to Trump.

Trump is a clown. Tierney is a troll. Evil politics of GOP are real. A little less attention for trump/tierney, and a bit more for actual conservative politics would be a good thing for the country.

Trump is a "clown" who is building up a mob of brainwashed people - numbering tens of millions strong.

It is the singular, most dangerous thing that he's doing. And it's what nobody talks about.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.