Feet on the Seats -- The Blog

There's just so much material for it! oh oh

I was thinking of starting a new blog for the Midtown Direct -- wet umbrellas on the seats. Some a$$hat from Summit had his soaking wet umbrella on one of the few available seats on the 8:00am train this morning. He looked at me like I had some nerve when I pulled out my paper towels (yes, I now carry a baggie full of them for just this kind of situation) and wiped off the seat. Jerk!

mumstheword said:

I was thinking of starting a new blog for the Midtown Direct -- wet umbrellas on the seats. Some a$$hat from Summit had his soaking wet umbrella on one of the few available seats on the 8:00am train this morning. He looked at me like I had some nerve when I pulled out my paper towels (yes, I now carry a baggie full of them for just this kind of situation) and wiped off the seat. Jerk!

snake snake snake , to you!

Yes, well done, Mumstheword. Too bad he will probably do it again, and again, and again. What is wrong with people??

On the train back from the city today. Mama is raising a whole new generation to slop up the seats with their mucky shoes.

Anybody recognize those shoes? LOL!

A two-fer! A foot on a bag-occupied seat!

Honestly, I can't imagine that any of these people walk into their home at the end of the day and stick their shoes up on their couch. Yet, it's not a problem when it's the train. So bizarre.

And heeeeeerrrreeeeee's another!

Here's the latest addition. Not only a leg on the seat, but an idiotic loud conversation the whole trip home.

Thread drift:

http://twentytwowords.com/bored-artist-gives-fellow-commuters-cartoon-heads-using-post-it-notes-and-perfect-perspective-12-pics/

^^ Now THAT'S hysterical! For this blog, I think I would do dialogue balloons that all start with "I am such an arrogant a$$hat that.....".

j_r said:

Thread drift:

http://twentytwowords.com/bored-artist-gives-fellow-commuters-cartoon-heads-using-post-it-notes-and-perfect-perspective-12-pics/

These are AWESOME! Especially Spider Man and Hell Boy!

Grrr, i started taking the train last month and I hate it when people put their dirty shoes on the seats.... and why I never sit in the seats that face eachother because it seems there's always at least one person who will sit there who cannot keep his feet where they belong--on the floor.

seaweed said:

Grrr, i started taking the train last month and I hate it when people put their dirty shoes on the seats.... and why I never sit in the seats that face eachother because it seems there's always at least one person who will sit there who cannot keep his feet where they belong--on the floor.

This is very true. But on the single decker trains, the sky's the limit with the number of feets/bodies on the seats.

There was a guy the other night with his foot on the seat but I couldn't get a shot of his feet because a woman was blocking my view. Darn!

Live blogging- this is happening right now, on the 11:11 out of Penn. A twofer! And right in front of the sign! How brazen!

^^ Read the body language ^^

We don't want anybody to sit opposite us and invade our 'personal' space ...

@marksierra,

And I'll bet the conductor came and took their tickets and never said a word!

Here's another young thing with her feet on the seats (I guess her mother never taught her better). Again, the conductor came twice to get her ticket and never said a word.

Why can't these people sit up like a human and not a monkey...

seaweed said:

Why can't these people sit up like a human and not a monkey...

I started to say something to her about 3 or 4 times and stopped myself. Like it would have made a difference. I hope she recognizes her shoes.

I bet if I were a conductor, I'd get exhausted trying to tell people to act like adults and would eventually give up. It's up to them, not the train nanny.

I worked up the nerve to ask my seatmate to please not put her shoes on the seat.

Then I felt like a shrew for the rest of the trip.

nice! what was her reaction?

Somewhere uppost I recounted telling a young woman, who liked to put her feet on the seat, but who was a total quiet car policer, that she couldn't pick and choose the rules, either she was going to abide by them or not. She was soooo pissed at me! :-D

Her reaction was to say thank you, and comply. Then we both silently seethed at the Bridezilla three rows ahead, shouting into her phone about the injustices being perpetrated against her. The dresses are totally bo-ring, apparently.

Fourteen hour days never end well.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!