Cowboys Nation 2014 - Romo Denied MVP - Lawsuit pending?

bikefixed said:

Spectacular.

That's one word for it.

I wonder how many fingers @Ligeti will display for THIS performance?
==============================================

"T" is for "Tony"... and "Terrible"... and "Torturous"... "Terrified"... "Timid"... "Tenuous"

"The Cowboys will win THIS MANY real games next year!"

"I didn't mean to leave a gap between my fingers but just like Tony, I have problems connecting"

case said:

bikefixed said:

Spectacular.

That's one word for it.
I was referring to the field of memes.

ligeti said:

Bleachercomputerreport.com

If Cowboys go 3-0

Dallas will be in the playoffs. Jason Garrett's team already beat Philadelphia on Oct. 20.

The Cowboys would be 10-6 and, at the very best, the Eagles would be 10-6 as well, but would lose the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Dallas would win the NFC East and would be guaranteed to host a game on wild-card weekend.

Winning the final three games is the only way the Cowboys can assure they make the playoffs.

If Cowboys go 2-0 before Eagles game

They would be in fantastic shape before the huge season finale. If consecutive wins by Dallas coincide with consecutive losses by the Eagles, the Week 17 clash would be meaningless—the Cowboys would have already clinched the division.

Dallas would hold a one-game lead over Philadelphia and a two-game lead in the division, the latter being the first applied tiebreaker.

If Cowboys go 1-1 before Eagles game

They would need Philadelphia to either go 0-2 or 1-1 to create a de facto NFC East title game in Week 17.

If the Eagles win on the road in Minnesota in Week 15 and beat the Bears at home in Week 16, they'd be 10-5 going into the season finale, and the 8-7 Cowboys wouldn't be able to catch them in the overall win-loss standings.

If Cowboys go 0-2 before Eagles game

They would need Philadelphia to lose both games to the Vikings and the Bears to create the do-or-die scenario to end the season.

There are a multitude of ways the Cowboys can mathematically earn a wild-card spot, but at this point, their chances of making the playoffs without winning the NFC East are extremely minute and should only be examined if the team wins in Week 15.

Dallas might dodge a major bullet this weekend, as Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers doesn't appear to be on track to return to the field for Mike McCarthy's club:

If they can squeeze by the Packers at home, the Cowboys shouldn't have an issue dispatching an abysmal Washington Redskins team that's lost six of seven.

Don't be surprised if Dallas plays in its third-straight "NFC East title game" in Week 17.

question

So... let's review....
grin)

Wow! Just LOOK at that elite quarterback avoid a sack!

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/QB-Tony-Romos-pass-intercepted-by-CB-Sam-Shields/714aa7b1-f88d-4333-9ced-d34c8778189a

Now I have to criticize Tony on this one... that receiver barely managed to catch that game-winning ball.

Just to clarify: by "receiver" I mean "defender" and by "catch" I mean "intercept".

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/CB-Tramon-Williams-game-ending-interception/0512903a-9aaf-4960-ac80-30198dc89c8f

Wow! The Internet is amazing....

I'm sad to report that there's nothing amusing posted at dallascowboys.com .... yet.... but here's a few predictions about the Cowboys/Packers game from some of their staff writers:

I mean - these guys get PAID to make the Cowboys look like they're not imbeciles but still....

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-1/DallasCowboyscom-Writers-Share-Their-Game-14-Gut-Feeling/edd7ca17-7a48-4994-8dd1-4cd35c4bbb97

Here are the gut feelings for staff writers Nick Eatman, Rowan Kavner and David Helman.

Nick: I think the Cowboys beat the Packers. I didn't need to wait on Aaron Rodgers' status (although it does help my confidence with this pick). This is the kind of season on which the Cowboys have played close to the .500 mark all year so it'd be easy to say they lose, but at home, and with an average team coming in, give me the Cowboys. I think the defense bounces back in a big way - maybe not in terms of shutting down the Packers offense but in turnovers - I predict at least three for the defense. Miles Austin has always had good games against the Packers so I see him with a long catch and I think the Cowboys get a much-needed win that ties them for first place again. Cowboys 31-16.

Rowan: The Packers are 1-4-1 since Aaron Rodgers went out. If he were playing, my answer would probably change. But he’s not, and for that reason the Cowboys shouldn’t lose this game. They should beat a Packers team whose only win since their star quarterback went out was a one-point victory against the three-win Falcons. Much like the Cowboys, the Packers’ defense has also been struggling, though Green Bay still has offensive firepower in Jordy Nelson and Eddie Lacy, if he plays. I think both teams stick to an effective running attack early on in a relatively low-scoring first half before the points start pouring on and the teams start airing it out in the second half. Both teams reach the 30s in points, Dez Bryant goes for 100 yards for the first time in seven games, both team’s running backs reach the end zone and the Cowboys get three sacks in a four-point win.

David: Having had a few days to mull over the loss to Chicago, I feel better about the Cowboys’ chances of a win against Green Bay. You can’t overstate Aaron Rodgers’ absence, which improves the chances of a Dallas win about tenfold, even if Eddie Lacy plays. The Cowboys have also played incredibly well at AT&T Stadium this year. They’re 5-1 on the season, and the one loss was a heartbreaker to one of the best teams in the league. My guess is Jordy Nelson will be the latest receiver to give the Dallas secondary fits, as he goes for 120 or so and a touchdown. But the secondary matches up much better as a whole against this depleted Green Bay receiving corps, and I think the Cowboys will finally generate enough of a pass rush to cause some turnovers. Cowboys win by six.

Greetings from Packerland, and :-D

Hey, next weekend the Dallas Cowboys face their third backup quarterback in a row as they take on the 3-11 Washington Redskins. Can Dallas dig deep and make this a competitive game?

I'm betting that they can.

I have to admit in the aftermath of the... err.... 'game' tonight... I missed the fact that Dez Bryant walked off the field early, abandoning his teammates so that he could be the first one in the shower.

I wonder if this is another example of his passion? He left the sideline so fast I was scanning the crowd looking for his parole officer or a process server. Dez hasn't been that decisive since the last time his mother gave him attitude and he had to straighten her out. Do you think he had a call from his agent about a possible trade? Why was he in such a hurry to leave tonight?

edited to add - I'll never be able to figure this out - I'm not a die-hard football fan... make that "expert"... like @Ligeti. Hopefully he can answer this one for us... even more hopefully, perhaps he can answer by using his words.

case,

You are a person who seems to enjoy their work.

Carry on. I've chuckled at more than one of your posts.

TomR

holy cow. when the 'boys went up by two scores in the 4th, I went and had dinner and abandoned the game.

wish I kept watching. this Giants fan could use some schadenfreude.

Nothing was better than being in the car listening to the Dallas radio announcers just beside themselves with head-shaking resignation. "For all of the detractors... have at it. You've well earned this one."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000298801/article/tony-romos-interceptions-cap-wild-packers-comeback

The Jason Garrett era in Dallas has been defined by excruciating, inexplicable losses. At times it feels like they are carefully constructing games in order to inflict the most pain on their fans and themselves.

It's going to be tough to top Sunday's loss.

On NFL Network
NFL Replay
will re-air the Green Bay Packers' 37-36 win over the Dallas Cowboys from Week 15 on Wednesday, Dec. 18 at 9 p.m. ET.

» NFL Network schedule
The Green Bay Packers overcame a 23-point halftime deficit to stun the Cowboys 37-36 in the house that Jerry Jones built. The result was mind-numbing in so many ways:

1. The Packers scored touchdowns on all five of their second-half possessions before kneeling the ball at the end of the game. A reminder: Matt Flynn remains their quarterback.

2. The Cowboys set a franchise record with 332 yards in the first half, jumped out to a 26-3 lead -- and they still lost.

3. Dallas took a 12-point lead with just over eight minutes left after one of the greatest touchdown catches you will ever see by wide receiver Dez Bryant. And they still managed to lose.

4. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo was intercepted on Dallas' final two drives. He made a terrible throw on a pass to Miles Austin that set up the Packers to take the lead. (Give Packers cornerback Sam Shields a ton of credit for making a terrific play, but it was a brutal throw and decision by Romo.) On Romo's next interception, there was a miscommunication with slot receiver Cole Beasley.

5. Everyone will kill Cowboys coach Jason Garrett for throwing the ball so much late in the game. But Romo had two chances to end the game and he missed throws. If he completes a deep pass to an open Dez Bryant on the second-to-last drive, the Cowboys win the game. He underthrew Bryant.

On Romo's first interception, Miles Austin was open for a huge gain. Romo was pressured and made a bad throw. This was more about execution than coaching.

6. Romo had a run-pass option on the throw to Austin.

"I think he'll be the first one to tell you he probably should have run the ball in that situation," coach Jason Garrett said after the game.

7. This feels like the end for the Cowboys, but it's not at all. All they have to do is beat Washington next week to set up a potential win-and-in situation against Philadelphia in Week 17. The Eagles' loss in Minnesota on Sunday saved Dallas from early elimination.

Green Bay, meanwhile, is very much alive in the NFC North race at 7-6-1. If quarterback Aaron Rodgers could somehow return next week, the Packers could wind up winning their last two games and getting into the playoffs.

After seeing Flynn direct five consecutive touchdown drives, anything is possible.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

http://www.packers.com/

interesting comments from the Packers: talking about "we don't lay down, that's not Packer football" and such... I wonder how Dez Bryant feels about that kind of attitude?

Jerry Jones put a brave face on last night's game: "Our intent was to make people forget about our crushing loss to the Saints in November... and I'm confident that our team achieved that goal yesterday".

And you know what? I agree with Jerry - no one is going to remember a 49-17 loss after last night's game.

All kidding aside, though, I watched the Jerry Jones postgame interview looking for an amusing sound bite... and I wound up just feeling sorry for the poor guy. The press were horrible to him also, at one point asking, "Aren't you man enough to fire someone if...".

I wish Dez had given a postgame interview but apparently he had a pressing engagement.

case said:

Jerry Jones put a brave face on last night's game: "Our intent was to make people forget about our crushing loss to the Saints in November... and I'm confident that our team achieved that goal yesterday".

And you know what? I agree with Jerry - no one is going to remember a 49-17 loss after last night's game.

All kidding aside, though, I watched the Jerry Jones postgame interview looking for an amusing sound bite... and I wound up just feeling sorry for the poor guy. The press were horrible to him also, at one point asking, "Aren't you man enough to fire someone if...".

I wish Dez had given a postgame interview but apparently he had a pressing engagement.

But Jerry is the reason the Cowboys are horrible. He is the GM. I hope he never fires himself.

Fair point - I guess Jerry still thinks that he's got good players and good coaching.

Q) what do cowboys fans do after their team wins the superbowl?

A) turn off the Xbox and go to bed.

Heh heh heh heh heh.... but I know one person who's not laughing right now. (No, not Jerry Jones). (No, not Dez Bryant). (No....)

Don't ask Jason Garrett for change for a dollar. You'll likely only get 3 quarters.

case said:

http://www.packers.com/

interesting comments from the Packers: talking about "we don't lay down, that's not Packer football" and such... I wonder how Dez Bryant feels about that kind of attitude?

I'd check the Cowboys website, but they dont have a website. Apparently, no one in their organization can string 3 "W"s together.

Man, where's @Ligeti? S/he should be seeing what real humor looks like... then again, if s/he's a Cowboys fan I'm sure s/he's seen a TON of comedy this season.

I picked one of these up for Dez for Christmas...

I wouldn't say that Dez is lazy - more like... he whines and cries whenever the world doesn't look like HE thinks it should. "waah waaah waaah, I'm emotional so I get to leave the field early". "Waaah, they're not throwing me the ball enough". Almost like Dez has this complex where he thinks he can decide how things should be. You know... if he was quoted while talking about Europe he'd almost remind me of someone....

case said:

I wouldn't say that Dez is lazy - more like... he whines and cries whenever the world doesn't look like HE thinks it should. "waah waaah waaah, I'm emotional so I get to leave the field early". "Waaah, they're not throwing me the ball enough". Almost like Dez has this complex where he thinks he can decide how things should be. You know... if he was quoted while talking about Europe he'd almost remind me of someone....

I agree, but they were out of that shirt.

this might be a good one - probably sell pretty well:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Featured Events

Advertise here!