DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

Gluteo: related to the buttocks

Cephalic: related to the head

Smedley said:

Who would look at Bloomberg's overall, long-term record as CEO, mayor and citizen, and conclude that he's racist, sexist and trans-phobic? I'll tell you who: a progressive whose loathing for the man crowds out any potential for a rational assessment.

I'll tell you who

Donald Trump

STANV said:

I thought I was going to learn a new word but I could not find a definition for gluteocephalic

you can take it to mean either assbrain or head up his ***.

ml1 said:

the argument from the center is that no one should be voting for Sanders in the primary either, under the assumption that centrists won't vote for him in the general.  If a person is going to make the argument that progressives must for for ANYONE in the general other than Trump (which I am going to to btw), I don't get why that argument doesn't hold for centrists voting for a progressive.  If Trump really is a five-alarm emergency, what kind of person would choose him over Sanders?

snake snake snake

ml1 said:

STANV said:

I thought I was going to learn a new word but I could not find a definition for gluteocephalic

you can take it to mean either assbrain or head up his ***.

Google kept wanting to tell me about gluten

Friday's Bloomberg drip

mtierney said:

True, so long as the GOP holds the Senate and aids and abets Trump's criminality, Democrats' ability to serve as a check on the degradation of the Republic is limited.

STANV said:

Senator Warren may have decided to take the gloves off

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/elizabeth-warren-cranks-up-her-anti-mike-bloomberg-crusade

Her campaign is comatose.  Perhaps she should spend more time explaining why people should vote for her instead of why they shouldn't vote for Bloomberg.

STANV said:

Google kept wanting to tell me about gluten

gluteocephalic was a word used by the old Spy magazine. I believe it was their favored descriptor for Liz Smith. Just like they dubbed Trump the "short-fingered vulgarian."

In retrospect Spy really had the Donald completely figured out by the mid-80s. If Hillary Clinton had been smarter she would have distributed millions of reissues of Spy during the campaign. 

Bill DeBlasio has endorsed Bernie Sanders and will be campaigning for him in Nevada.

ml1 said:

gluteocephalic was a word used by the old Spy magazine. I believe it was their favored descriptor for Liz Smith. Just like they dubbed Trump the "short-fingered vulgarian."

In retrospect Spy really had the Donald completely figured out by the mid-80s. If Hillary Clinton had been smarter she would have distributed millions of reissues of Spy during the campaign. 

The classic demonstration of the term -

mrincredible said:

Bill DeBlasio has endorsed Bernie Sanders and will be campaigning for him in Nevada.

Oh wow. Big Bill. Such a powerful vote getter when he ran.  oh oh  

mrincredible said:

Better than campaigning for Bernie in NYC.

BG9 said:

Oh wow. Big Bill. Such a powerful vote getter when he ran.  
oh oh

I guess being the mayor of the very prosperous and safe, largest city in the U.S.,  doesn't count for much after all.

mtierney said:

I've refrained from the name-calling in your blog, so I won't start now.  But I'll just say that it's infuriating that you others think it's a big joke that the Democrats keep trying to hold Trump accountable, and stand up for the rule of law only to be thwarted by the likes of Mitch McConnell and the rest of Trump's minions.  In the past two weeks the Republicans have chosen once again not to hold Trump to account and the now emboldened president has lurched forward into new territory of authoritarianism.  His purge is nothing short of banana republic stuff.

Glad you think it's funny.

Drudge reports Bloomberg is considering HRC as his running mate.

Listen to the education expert.

Smedley said:

Of course he does (Drudge, that is).

ml1 said:

I guess being the mayor of the very prosperous and safe, largest city in the U.S.,  doesn't count for much after all.

I guess you don’t live in the city. Or you moved out when tall Bill became mayor. 

mtierney said:

I guess you don’t live in the city. Or you moved out when tall Bill became mayor. 

I'm in the city every day. And I have been for 30 years. It is indeed safe and prosperous. Certainly as much as it was when Bloomberg was mayor. And more safe and prosperous than it was in the 90s. 

The biggest problems in NYC are the decline of the MTA (whose budget is controlled by the state) and the tremendous wealth inequality which is pricing many residents out of their homes. 

ml1 said:

I'm in the city every day. And I have been for 30 years. It is indeed safe and prosperous. Certainly as much as it was when Bloomberg was mayor. And more safe and prosperous than it was in the 90s. 

The biggest problems in NYC are the decline of the MTA (whose budget is controlled by the state) and the tremendous wealth inequality which is pricing many residents out of their homes. 

Agreed. New York is more vibrant than ever.  Tourism is at record highs. Construction is up. Infrastructure such as parks and bike lanes are improving. Great tech jobs are being created in droves.   In fairness to the MTA (I am a consultant to them) service has steadily improved over the last 2 years.  

Homelessness does seem to be on the rise, but that would seem to be due to rising inequality and ridiculous real estate prices, as you mention.

Seems MT has just blindly bought into the “American carnage” narrative despite all evidence to the contrary.

jimmurphy said:

Agreed. New York is more vibrant than ever.  Tourism is at record highs. Construction is up. Infrastructure such as parks and bike lanes are improving. Great tech jobs are being created in droves.   In fairness to the MTA (I am a consultant to them) service has steadily improved over the last 2 years.  

It's significantly better than 2 years ago. But there is still a ways to go and the state seems to be as much a hindrance to progress as a help. 

nohero said:

Smedley said:

Of course he does (Drudge, that is).

Yeah I imagine it's BS 

Smedley said:

Yeah I imagine it's BS 

It's a no lose proposition. By the time he picks his running mate after he wins the nomination, nobody will remember. And we'll all be too gobsmacked to think about it.

If he picks Clinton, Drudge can claim prescience. 

sbenois said:

Her campaign is comatose.  Perhaps she should spend more time explaining why people should vote for her instead of why they shouldn't vote for Bloomberg.

She has spent the entire campaign to date explaining why people should vote for her and she will continue to do so. 

Should Amy not attack Pete or Pete not attack Biden or Biden not attack Sanders. Mike Bloomberg spends most of his time and money attacking Trump. "Mike will get it done" is a slogan not a platform. 

Each candidate will campaign how he or she sees fit. The Warren Campaign has reminded us that many of the so-called experts were telling us not so long ago that Beto was going to be a front-runner.

Smedley said:

Bloomberg News reports that Drudge is considering Henry Clay as his running mate.

It makes as much sense

ml1 said:

It's significantly better than 2 years ago. But there is still a ways to go and the state seems to be as much a hindrance to progress as a help. 

Agreed.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Featured Events

Advertise here!