#SOFit15 Contestant Dinner - March 18 at Ricalton's w/ Award Winning Food Author!

Do we win a prize if you've GAINED the most? Damn this winter has been killing me!

LL_ said:

Do we win a prize if you've GAINED the most? Damn this winter has been killing me!

I have faith in you LL! Don't worry about that. Today is a new day full of new choices. The program is a long one and not a rush to the finish line and I know you'll be great. Check out our FB group on recipes and other things contestants are doing.

Hey, Shenna:
Can you CC to MOL this stuff for non-Fb people, like me? I have no idea what I am missing.

jgberkeley said:

Hey, Shenna:
Can you CC to MOL this stuff for non-Fb people, like me? I have no idea what I am missing.

Hi George - it's a closed group for contestants. I created it that way purposefully because some people are sharing information that they wouldn't otherwise share with the general public. It's a support system. I would definitely encourage you to create a FB account, even if it's just for the purpose of being in the #SOFit15 group chat.

Weigh-In Day is Today!

Getting lots of reports from contestants - those who had a bad month but are recommitting themselves, those who lost a couple pounds, those who didn't lose weight but have been improving with exercise and eating healthy - - and then there are those in the 10 lbs+ loss category... which is just so amazing.

I don't know what group I just tried to join on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure it was the wrong one. I can't find the FB group for some reason!

Sheena said:

Weigh-In Day is Today!

Getting lots of reports from contestants - those who had a bad month but are recommitting themselves, those who lost a couple pounds, those who didn't lose weight but have been improving with exercise and eating healthy - - and then there are those in the 10 lbs+ loss category... which is just so amazing.

Congratulations, Sheena! I can't even believe you needed to lose that much weight.

annemarie said:

I don't know what group I just tried to join on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure it was the wrong one. I can't find the FB group for some reason!

It's South Orange Health & Fitness.

Below are the results from month one along with some fast facts:

Contestants (those weighing in) lost roughly 300lbs together
The average overall percentage of weight loss is -2%
92% of contestants lost weight ;-)

Congratulations to the winners and a special thanks to @boomie for her VERY GENEROUS prize which is included below as well.

Month 2 starts a new beginning, new competition and a new opportunity to make lifestyle changes! We're very grateful for all the amazing promotions and gifts the community is offering to all our contestants - it's really something special.

marylago said:

Sheena said:

Weigh-In Day is Today!

Congratulations, Sheena! I can't even believe you needed to lose that much weight.

Thanks @marylago!!! I have my goals already set for this month, so I'm hoping to keep the needle moving in the right direction ;-)

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! Congratulations to the winners. I can't wait to start working together !

Found: Location, various places around the core Village: Item, 2 pounds of weight.

If you want it, come to The UPS store and claim it. No ID required!

Well Happy as PUNCH to say that the number 2 FEMALE and Number 1 MALE in the Challenge are both my nutritional cleansers!!! Hint hint....it works amazingly oh oh

Latest email that went out to contestants!

#SOFit15 Contestants,

Hopefully all the snow shoveling is helping you with your calorie burning! ;-)

We have a new announcement that we're very excited about. We will have our next contestant dinner on Wednesday, March 18 at 7pm and our featured speaker is Linda Eckhardt, an award winning food author.

The cost is $25 (please bring cash) and RSVP to this email as soon as possible if you'd like to attend. We need to confirm our headcount with the restaurant by Tuesday, March 10. This dinner is for contestants only as space is limited.

On the menu...

Ricalton’s Salad
Mixed Greens, Red and Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumber, Pickled Red Onions, Brioche Croutons.
Choice of Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette or Yogurt Poppy Seed Dressing

Roasted Corn and Mushroom Enchiladas
With white corn tortillas and Green Tomatillo Salsa

Harvest Chili Rubbed Salmon
Skin on Salmon Filet over Quinoa Salad with roasted butternut squash dried cranberries
And Jalapeño lime dressing

Poached Pear and Wild Berry Compote

Also, we just finished completing many updates to our website!

http://www.southorangefitness.org

Please check it out and take advantage of all these wonderful promotions so many people are offering to help you reach your goals. In addition, one of our contestants, Marcia Worth-Baker, has been blogging about the challenge. If you visit the "In the News" section - you can read all about it!

We hope to see you on March 18 and are sending you good vibes for a successful month!

- #SOFit15

I love Linda! If there is an extra seat available I would love to go.

I am working a weight machine program that I paid a trainer to teach me a couple of years ago. He is long gone now.

Since I have good notes and some videos of my training sessions I just restarted it when this program started. Slow at first, but I am getting back into all the steps and now do the session 3 or 4 times a week now with a goal of getting to every day.

But, I have a question. I am at a point where some of the programs are no longer a challange. I do them but do not feel a burn or any strain.

Which is better for me, add Reps or add weight?

Oh, I am posting here because I do not do FB and the # thing is out of my vision.

Later, Da
The UPS Store
George

jgberkeley said:

I am working a weight machine program that I paid a trainer to teach me a couple of years ago. He is long gone now.

Since I have good notes and some videos of my training sessions I just restarted it when this program started. Slow at first, but I am getting back into all the steps and now do the session 3 or 4 times a week now with a goal of getting to every day.

But, I have a question. I am at a point where some of the programs are no longer a challange. I do them but do not feel a burn or any strain.

Which is better for me, add Reps or add weight?

Oh, I am posting here because I do not do FB and the # thing is out of my vision.

Later, Da
The UPS Store
George

George,

I'm certainly not an expert but at least what I've been told about your question above, it's more reps. If you want to add "bulk" more weight.

And you should get on Facebook, I can help you with an account if you're interested.

Bump!

We just sent out another email to contestants regarding the Ricalton's Dinner on Wednesday the 18. As a clarification, and we apologize, the total cost is $32 (including the tax and tip). Hopefully with the impressive menu and an incredible (and local) guest speaker, contestants will sign up.

It's also a great social event.

For those of you who have cut way back on carbs, did you lose the craving for them or is it a daily struggle? I ask because I am trying to do a diet high in protein, fruits, and veggies but I am having really bad cravings for bread, rice etc. I'm only 3 days in so I'm hoping it will get better over time!

Fruits and some veggies are high carbs. Once you eliminate a lot of the carbs including most fruits you will lose the cravings.

Sheena,

Thank you for the answer. It makes sense and I will make the change. More reps for me. Not looking the bulk anything up.

Later, Da
George

jgberkeley said:

Sheena,

Thank you for the answer. It makes sense and I will make the change. More reps for me. Not looking the bulk anything up.

Later, Da
George

I'm not sure if that's correct, I think current thinking is to do as high weight as you can safely do, because the increased weight speeds up your metabolism (and increases strength). @appletree, as a trainer, care to "weigh" in on this?

The next weigh in is tomorrow: 7 am to 10 pm at the Baird Center (5 Mead St.) If you missed the last one that's not a problem - your weight for this month will be what's used to calculate next month's winners.

Keep your promises to yourself about the Spring and win prizes!

#SOFit15

I can't modify the title but we're having a #SOFit15 Contestant Dinner tomorrow night (Tuesday) at Papillon at 7pm. We've opened this up to the public. The cost is $30/person.

Dinner will include:

• House salad
  • Entre of grilled salmon, catfish or chicken dish
  • Sorbet or gelato

The Speaker will be May Abraham, author of "Passion for Spices". The website is passionforspices.com (book is being released this year). May will be speaking about the health effects of various spices and how they can be used in cooking for health and flavor.

Reservations are required. Please RSVP to southorangefitness@gmail.com or posting here (include yourself and any guests you wish to bring).

The dinner Sheen posted about this morning has been cancelled.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!