Your 2023 NY Jets

Someone had to start a thread.  Ugh.   That didn't look good at all.  First stinkin' series!

how will the Aaron Rodgers minutes be remembered? 

Can your first game of the season be a signature win?  

ARodge still had a better game than Danny Dimes.

What a bummer.  I really feel for the guy, and the Jets.  

A pretty mild tackle and fall.  Gotta wonder if this was destined to happen on another play if not that one.  No faith in Wilson but I was not on the gaga bandwagon about Rodgers either.

Achilles tear until proven otherwise.  Man oh man. 

As pure entertainment, it was a great game. 

But, besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?

Soul_29 said:

I'm not a Jets fan but enjoy watching good football. And so far, MY team ain't providing it. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Soul_29 said:

I'm not a Jets fan but enjoy watching good football. And so far, MY team ain't providing it. 

Look, it was a great game and a great win by the Jets last night. That team could have curled up and died and no one would have blamed them. Incredible coaching and guts. 

But the Rodgers injury is gut-wrenching. The Jets went from, according to a lot of pundits, a potential Super Bowl team to a team that, realistically, will be hard-pressed to make the playoffs. The defense is awesome, but, well, ZW ain't an NFL QB. I don't think they can win with him. 

No way Woody signs Kaepernick. He's a Trump guy. I'm not particularly enamored with any of the options, but they're all better than Zach. He made a couple of throws last night that should never be made by a pro QB and yet after 3 years he still continues doing the same thing. 

Of that crew I think McCoy might make the most sense. 

Jets kept Zach rather than cut him loose in the offseason, which they could have easily done, so they gotta go with him. If they bring in some middling or over the hill guy off the street to start next week they may as well cut Zach now. 

They're a really good team on both sides of the ball so Wilson doesn't have to win games, he just has to  not lose games like he did last season. I think he's capable of improving to that modest level. And who knows, if he gets his confidence back maybe he can do more than that.

Smedley said:

Wilson doesn't have to win games, he just has to  not lose games

Could someone please explain that concept to Josh Allen?

“Aaron Rodgers is going to tear his Achilles on a rain drenched MetLife turf in 2.5 hours," wrote user @DaddyZaslav wrote at 6:01 p.m. easter. The account was a parody of Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav.

X immediately banned his account….

As a veteran of two Achilles sports injuries (one full tear and one partial tear) a couple of thoughts:  1. My doctor told me that full Achilles tears usually happen after lots of smaller tears.   So, Rodgers probably had many smaller tears in his career.  I wonder if a really full medical examination might have shown the smaller tears before the big salary offer.  Can doctors do this type of exam and diagnosis?  Does it show up on an MRI?  It is probable that most athletes have a similar history.  2.  It took a full year before I finally felt "normal" again.  They say you never fully recover from an Achilles tear.   3.  The true but funny corollary for me and most of us weekend athletes is that,  "We never were what we thought we were anyway."  

Apparently, both MRI and ultrasound can help diagnose Achilles full or partial injury.   If I ran a football team and was ready to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to an aging athlete, I would want a full medical workup.  But perhaps the money income from football is so large that owners can afford to roll the dice and take a chance.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8039565/

Glad I didn't bet on that game.  Wow!   Jets D.   Yuuuuuuge.  

The most enjoyment I have gotten from a Jets game in a long time.

Not ready to predict anything like greatness for him but they're letting Wilson throw and for first time in his career he sorta looks like a QB.   

I wholeheartedly endorse throwing it up to Garrett Wilson regardless of whether he is triple covered. I wish they would get Hall 20 touches a game. I don't know why Cook was in there the drive before when they got the turnover. Everybody knew it was going to be a play action with Cook in there.

I'm pretty sure I've never see a team play worse and win.  And the Jets aren't looking for another QB!  I know, it was raining, but he's not the answer. 

jeffl said:

I'm pretty sure I've never see a team play worse and win.  And the Jets aren't looking for another QB!  I know, it was raining, but he's not the answer. 

Awful win. Jack Wilson is not an NFL QB. I also don't why the OC is trying to figure out what he CAN do and tailor the game plan to that. Very disappointing win. 

Soul_29 said:

jeffl said:

Awful win. Jack Wilson is not an NFL QB. I also don't why the OC is trying to figure out what he CAN do and tailor the game plan to that. Very disappointing win. 

Who, if anyone, would you want them to get?

jeffl said:

Soul_29 said:

jeffl said:

Who, if anyone, would you want them to get?

The scarier part is that the Giants should have won and they had -9 yards in passing.

Upper left, my delightfully soggy view of the game-tying FG at the end of regulation. I actually really enjoyed being at this game, ineptitude notwithstanding. Was just a really fun time, and i say that as a member of team Giants.

No love for Rodger but boy I'm now quite enthused about his surprisingly rapid  recovery.   

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.