What series should I watch next?

In no particular order, as these are all terrific shows:
The Killing (Joel Kinnaman, be still my panting heart)
The Fall (creepy, excellent)
Orange is the New Black (phenomenal character studies, with humor)
True Detective (never going to Louisiana)
House of Cards (documentary?)
Top of the Lake - ( on Netflix, series from New Zealand. Watch with subtitles, the accents can be tough)
Call the Midwife (partial to this as all three of mine were delivered by nurse-midwives)

Hubby goes for Grim and Once Upon A Time.

Here's another vote for Broad City and throwing in a few sci-fi series worth re-watching:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (except the last season)
Farscape
Firefly

Not sci-fi, but a great series- Hell on Wheels

Loved loved loved Kimmy Schmidt. They alive, damnit!

Not sure who (if anyone) is streaming these, but:

Veronica Mars is worth watching. Pilot is instantly engaging (was for me at least), and while the third season has issues, the movie is great.

Dead LIke Me is also really good, and rarely mentioned. Do not watch its movie, though. Really bad.

The original UK version of Life on Mars, and (to a lesser extent for me) the sequel series, Ashes to Ashes. Especially if you can source it with captions. Those accents are tricky.

Also, a new show that just premiered on CW/TNT, which I really liked and think has promise: iZombie. Girl is a zombie, works in the medical examiner's office, solves crimes. What's not to like?

Broad City is everything good in the world.

The Jinx on HBO - documentary series on Robert Durst. Fascinating

At the moment I'm stuck on NCAA men's basketball.

+1 for NCAA's

Loving the story of Georgia State but It looks like they are losing to Xavier...

Great Story anyways...

Replug for Bosch on Amazon Prime.

Best Regards,
Ron Carter

Adele said:

Broad City is everything good in the world.

Took me an episode or two but I agree. So very NYC.

Battle Creek is worth a look see.

Slowly getting into Kimmy Schmit on Netflix but episode 4 with Martin Short must be seen. He's hysterical.

Have you read the Post today, Dr. Franff?

http://pagesix.com/2015/03/23/was-kimmy-schmidt-character-based-on-famed-doctor/

Justified has some of the best dialogue ever written for TV.
Others we love/have loved:
Sleepy Hollow
Fringe
Grimm
Whitechapel
Prime Suspect - the original with Helen Mirren - excellent!!
The Bridge
The Closer
Major Crimes
Just started watching American Crime and it seems promising.

If you liked Serial and The Jinx, you will certainly like The Staircase, a 10-part documentary available on SundanceTV and iTunes, about a murder trial in Durham, N.C. Bingeworthy!

Not a series but last night I watched the HBO documentary about Scientology. None of it surprised me but it was fascinating.

I was able to get the Larry Sanders Show on multiple DVDs from Netflix. Great fun.

Still slogging through Rescue Me.

Tonight will watch more Broad City and Kimmy Schmit.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Not a series but last night I watched the HBO documentary about Scientology. None of it surprised me but it was fascinating.

Ooooh, thanks for the reminder!

j_r said:

If you liked Serial and The Jinx, you will certainly like The Staircase, a 10-part documentary available on SundanceTV and iTunes, about a murder trial in Durham, N.C. Bingeworthy!

Yes! That one has stayed with me. I saw it a few years ago.

My wife and I just caught up with Broad City last night. It's a great show but damn it makes me feel old.

skadave said:

My wife and I just caught up with Broad City last night. It's a great show but damn it makes me feel old.
Doesn't make me feel old; it makes me feel sane. Those two are nuts!

Doubt you can find them but I would love to see a few episodes of some older shows like The Hulk, the Six Million Dollar Man, Nightrider, BJ and the Bear and Magnum PI.

I stopped watching the last few seasons of the X Files and House.

Also love a good Miami Vice marathon.

Sorry all over the place.

Orphan Black is back!!! If you have not started watching this series, catch up on it. Definitely worth the watch although it does get puzzling from time to time!

Yes, @pmartinezv, for instance, the newest episode. Not sure I have much of a clue what's going on. And I'm not into the male clones yet. But Tatiana Maslany is incredible. How on earth did she so convincingly play characters pretending to be other characters? Amazing.

zucca said:

Yes, @pmartinezv, for instance, the newest episode. Not sure I have much of a clue what's going on. And I'm not into the male clones yet. But Tatiana Maslany is incredible. How on earth did she so convincingly play characters pretending to be other characters? Amazing.

She is definitely worth watching. You even forget that she is all those characters all at once! Often in the same scene! I am a little lost but I think I have a basic understanding of what is going on though. Hopefully we get some answers soon but I am sure they will come along with many more questions!

I'm sure someone on this thread must have mentioned Bloodline on HBO.  I'm just 4 episodes in but really enjoying it.  Great story.  Great acting.  Excellently woven tale.

Has anyone mentioned Happy Valley yet? Probably the best first season of a series I've seen in a while. Sarah Lancashire's performance is unbelievably good, and powerful.

I love this thread! 

In return to some excellent-sounding recommendations above, I offer the following very well done and often hysterical shows - they should not have been canceled!

Huff (canceled after 2 seasons, which was a tragedy!)

Dead Like Me (also canceled way before it's time!  Find it on Hulu or Amazon Prime)

Better Off Ted (Too funny - you will die. Also canceled after 2 damn seasons.  It's on Netflix)

Pushing Daisies (another good one that was canceled too soon. Amazon Prime.)

Wonderfalls - canceled after only 4 episodes.  Such a shame!  Luckily more were filmed, and you can buy the complete season on amazon.  Worth it.

It's been mentioned before but Nurse Jackie is brilliant and sly. The current season is the last, and it's really well done.

pdg, I love that you love those Bryan Fuller shows (Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies). Me too - Iove all 3!

pdg said:

I love this thread! 

In return to some excellent-sounding recommendations above, I offer the following very well done and often hysterical shows - they should not have been canceled!

Huff (canceled after 2 seasons, which was a tragedy!)

Dead Like Me (also canceled way before it's time!  Find it on Hulu or Amazon Prime)

Better Off Ted (Too funny - you will die. Also canceled after 2 damn seasons.  It's on Netflix)

Pushing Daisies (another good one that was canceled too soon. Amazon Prime.)

Wonderfalls - canceled after only 4 episodes.  Such a shame!  Luckily more were filmed, and you can buy the complete season on amazon.  Worth it.

The Fall is a fantastic show.  Gillian Anderson is great.  It's on Netflix.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.