Trump has ordered strikes against Syria

Here is your post where you quote ridski. As you can see the sentence is "If you disagree with this assessment, either we all believe your statements or you're a liar."

BCC said:

ridski said:

BCC said:

ridski said:

BCC said:More snark?

BTW
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
'Cassandra was cursed to utter prophecies which were true but which no one believed. '

Suffering from foot in mouth disorder once again?
 If you disagree with this assessment, either we all believe your statements or you’re a liar.

You called me a Cassandra. As you well know Cassandra was right and her opponents were dead wrong.

You are now calling me a liar when you are in fact saying I was right and my opponents are wrong.

Are you trying to outdo your foot in mouth trifecta?

Considering how much you go on about reading comprehension, you do spend an awful lot of time attacking things people haven't said. Maybe you should read my post again, specifically the very first word.
 Considering all my comments, how many different people have I attacked for their reading skills?

If you disagree with this assessment, either we all believe your statements or you’re a liar.

You called me a Cassandra. As you well know Cassandra was right and her opponents were dead wrong.

You are now calling me a liar when you are in fact saying I was right and my opponents are wrong.

Considering how much you go on about reading comprehension, you do spend an awful lot of time attacking things people haven't said. Maybe you should read my post again, specifically the very first word.

Ridski said "If you disagree ..." You accused him of calling you a liar. He said "read the first word". In other words he was saying he did NOT call you a liar since he qualified his statement by saying "If".

LOST said:

Ridski said "If you disagree ..." You accused him of calling you a liar. He said "read the first word". In other words he was saying he did NOT call you a liar since he qualified his statement by saying "If".

Down the rabbit hole.

definitely Dunning-Kruger Effect.

BCC said:

Pompeo meets with Kim to work out details for meeting withTrump.

Trump maintains sanctions based on previous NOKO performance yet Kim agrees to Trump's demand to discuss 'denuclearization'.

SOKO and NOKO will sit down to talk and reports say that, after 65years, it will include coming to an agreement on signing a peace treaty and I would hope,  unification.

We don't know how it will turn out and there remains a great deal to do but things are moving in the right direction. You would never know it by listening to the Mirror Image.

Things we hope Trump is watching out for -

Suspension of nuclear and ICBM testing would represent significant restrictions on North Korea’s nuclear activities. But these are proposals to shape the arsenal rather than eliminate it—meaning that North Korea still has yet to say anything publicly about its intent to denuclearize. While Kim did say that Pyongyang supported the vision of “global disarmament,” this is a common trope in North Korean propaganda and suggests that North Korea will soon call for tit-for-tat arms control with the United States. 

All this implies that Trump’s “maximum pressure” campaign has not brought Kim to heel. Instead, Kim essentially made a declaration of his regime’s nuclear policy—the act of a confident nuclear power..

https://www.theatlantic.com/in...

I have noted on a number of occasions that MOL is educational. Today I learned:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability have illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

Conversely, highly competent individuals may erroneously assume that tasks easy for them to perform are also easy for other people to perform, or that other people will have a similar understanding of subjects that they themselves are well-versed in.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."

Mike Pesca had a funny bit where he was wondering what they called Lou Gehrig's Disease before Lou Gehrig got it.  Now we know the original name of the Trump Effect.

LOST said:
I have noted on a number of occasions that MOL is educational. Today I learned:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability have illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

Conversely, highly competent individuals may erroneously assume that tasks easy for them to perform are also easy for other people to perform, or that other people will have a similar understanding of subjects that they themselves are well-versed in.

As described by social psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger, the cognitive bias of illusory superiority results from an internal illusion in people of low ability and from an external misperception in people of high ability; that is, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."

Oh my.

Do you think ml1 really thinks I am a superior being with a miscalibration of the error of others or is he a cherry picker?

a person who really is not an example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect wouldn't need to ask that question.

Having a little problem with sarcasm are we ?

Want to go around again?

ml1 said:
a person who really is not an example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect wouldn't need to ask that question.

you keep proving the point. 

Uh oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays....

Klinker said:
Mike Pesca had a funny bit where he was wondering what they called Lou Gehrig's Disease before Lou Gehrig got it.  Now we know the original name of the Trump Effect.

Probably also could be called the Black Knight Effect

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!