The worst movie you've ever seen...

A quote from the Roger Ebert website:

"....she has produced a film that is such a borderline unendurable exercise in vapid self-indulgence that it almost feels like an exceptionally straight-faced parody of empty-headed star vehicles."

ElizMcCord said:

If you’re prone to mild or moderate depression don’t watch By The Sea with Brad and Angie. It will catapult you over the edge. The movie was insufferable. 

ridski said:

I do have to laugh at the titles being thrown out here, most of which are critically acclaimed or at least have a beginning, middle and end. This includes my entry, btw. But it really makes me think none of had vcrs and sat through any of the tat us 80s kids sat through just because we rented it and thought the cover looked good. Ragewar: The Challenges of Excalibrate, Robot Jox, Lair of the White Worm, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Ghoulies, Invasion USA, Maximum Overdrive, Exocist II The Heretic, Leonard Part 6, Highlander 2 The Quickening... I could go on for days...

Dude.... I saw Lair of the White Worm in the theater.  It rocked.

yahooyahoo said:

"....she has produced a film that is such a borderline unendurable exercise in vapid self-indulgence that it almost feels like an exceptionally straight-faced parody of empty-headed star vehicles."
ElizMcCord said:

If you’re prone to mild or moderate depression don’t watch By The Sea with Brad and Angie. It will catapult you over the edge. The movie was insufferable. 

Roger wasn’t lying, it was really bad and I wanted to like it, since I like them both as professionals. They swore it wasn’t based on their life but soon after, they announced divorce. If their married life was remotely a semblance of that movie, they were miserable and sad. 

Klinker said:

ridski said:

I do have to laugh at the titles being thrown out here, most of which are critically acclaimed or at least have a beginning, middle and end. This includes my entry, btw. But it really makes me think none of had vcrs and sat through any of the tat us 80s kids sat through just because we rented it and thought the cover looked good. Ragewar: The Challenges of Excalibrate, Robot Jox, Lair of the White Worm, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Ghoulies, Invasion USA, Maximum Overdrive, Exocist II The Heretic, Leonard Part 6, Highlander 2 The Quickening... I could go on for days...

So did I. It's mental. Gothic was much better.

yahooyahoo said:

ElizMcCord said:

Yentl?

Ditto in Lair.  It's kinda dirty too.

ridski said:

Klinker said:

ridski said:

So did I. It's mental. Gothic was much better.

I'm going to throw Good Luck Chuck in for consideration. I saw it with my wife and a friend, and we kept sinking lower and lower in our seats as the movie went on. Partly because it made us cringe, and I think we also wanted to make sure nobody else saw us there.

Oh,... and Lucky 7 with John Travolta.     Has to be a top 10 worst movie of all time.  

I find Casey Affleck a better actor than brother Ben. My fav Casey flicks (sans his penchant for sexual harassment) are The Killer Inside Me, Ghost Story and All Good Things. Don't think his brother could have successfully pulled these off.

Casey Affleck does an outstanding job in The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford. Actually, I thought all the performances in that movie were pretty great, but Affleck really knocked it out of the park.

Under the category of highly acclaimed movies that I thought sucked...The Blind Side, and I think Sandra Bullock may have won best actress for it.  Her performance in that was only "eclipsed" by her awful performance in Gravity.

Waiting for the review of the new God's Not Dead movie.

She is the most overrated contemporary actress. 

jeffl said:

Under the category of highly acclaimed movies that I thought sucked...The Blind Side, and I think Sandra Bullock may have won best actress for it.  Her performance in that was only "eclipsed" by her awful performance in Gravity.

Oh, yeah... Gravity -- that movie sucked as well.  And Clooney is even more overrated as an actor.  

Blind side was more like a TV movie.  No clue why they gave her an award for that performance.  

bub said:

jeffl said:

One of them, at least. Julia Roberts is another one. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

bub said:

jeffl said:

I like Julia Roberts. I think she’s good. Now Jennifer Lawrence? She’s overrated. I was stunned when she won an Oscar and got nominated again the second year. Stunned. 

Thought Bullock was pretty darn funny in The Heat with Melissa McCarthy.

I hated Pretty Woman...and don’t care for Julia Roberts either...

kibbegirl said:

Thought Bullock was pretty darn funny in The Heat with Melissa McCarthy.

She was. She was hilarious. And I loved Melissa too. Then I watched her in Spy and I couldn’t handle how horrible it was. And to involve Jude Law whom I love in that debacle, ruined her and him for me. Sandra’s a decent actress. She didn’t deserve an Oscar for The Blind Side, but she probably earned one in her 20 plus years of acting. They’re never given to the right person at the right time. 

Forget about Salsa.  Check this out.

Our Bible

eta: hey, where did that little "rotate" widget come from?

I get the WATCHING email from the NY Times suggesting things to watch. I also get emails and see posts about recommended things to watch and things leaving streaming sites. I jot down the ones that look interesting and leave the list by the TV for when I'm looking for something to watch. Results are spotty. Some very bad films I've seen include:

• Raw (in French; When a young vegetarian undergoes a carnivorous hazing ritual at vet school, an unbidden taste for meat begins to grow in her: gross and stupid)
  • Daughters of the Dust (Languid look at the Gullah culture of the sea islands off the coast of
    South Carolina and Georgia where African folk-ways were maintained well into the 20th Century: snore)
  • Meek's Cutoff (Settlers traveling through the Oregon desert in 1845 find themselves stranded in harsh conditions: double snore)

Agree on Jennifer Lawrence.  

ElizMcCord said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

bub said:

jeffl said:

I like Julia Roberts. I think she’s good. Now Jennifer Lawrence? She’s overrated. I was stunned when she won an Oscar and got nominated again the second year. Stunned. 

Love Jennifer Lawrence, hate Julia Roberts. Her movies are literally unwatchable and at least one of them is deeply objectionable.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.