The Kavanaugh Hearing

mtierney said:

Wrong on all counts! I am not fat, not male, not Russian, retired, and not a troll.
Here is another assumption busted...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/sunday-review/conservative-women-trump-kavanaugh.html?rref=collection%2Fissuecollection%2Ftodays-new-york-times

It's OK. We all know who you are.

I just read the linked article. You really don't agree with this woman, do you?

Krysta Fitch, a 34-year-old stay-at-home mother in Walls, Miss., said she cast the first vote in her life for Mr. Trump and enthusiastically joined his rally in the nearby town of Southaven this month. She said that women have no business running for president. “In the Bible it says that a man is responsible for leading his household,” she said. “And a woman’s only supposed to step up if he’s not willing. Aside from that, women are just too emotional. I feel like it would be dangerous to have a woman in a position to potentially start a war.”

LOST said:

She said that women have no business running for president. “In the Bible it says that a man is responsible for leading his household,” she said. “And a woman’s only supposed to step up if he’s not willing. Aside from that, women are just too emotional. I feel like it would be dangerous to have a woman in a position to potentially start a war.”

The ignorance is breathtaking.

To respond the question posed by Lost: Women come in a vast assortment. I am a bit like Krysta in that I was a stay at home Mom with four children for 15 years. My husband was the principal wage earner all through our marriage. This was a mutually agreed upon from day one.

During my time at home I volunteered a lot! I volunteered at the then Ward Homestead, the Veterans Hospital, PTA president, SOM Presidents association, president of Tuscan School PTA and Maplewood Junior Women’s Club, on the board of Adult School, etc. 

My husband volunteered his time and talent serving on the Maplewood Planning Board and its citizens budget advisory committee, and various school, church,and scout projects.

Loved -almost - every minute of that time in our lives.

When I did seek parttime employment out of the house, I kept it close to home. I think I will keep my first salaried job in Maplewood a secret! 

And, if like Krysta, you believe that women should subordinate themselves to men ... well, why?  Men hardly have a great historical track record and I am more than happy to let women take a shot a running things.

mtierney said:

Wrong on all counts! I am not fat, not male, not Russian, retired, and not a troll.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/sunday-review/conservative-women-trump-kavanaugh.html?rref=collection%2Fissuecollection%2Ftodays-new-york-times

Well, the definition of trolling is: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

So you just proved you are a troll with this very post.

gerritn said:

mtierney said:

Well, the definition of trolling is: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Well, you're not really a troll if you're a true believer.

tjohn said:
And, if like Krysta, you believe that women should subordinate themselves to men ... well, why?  Men hardly have a great historical track record and I am more than happy to let women take a shot a running things.

Boy, can you misquote me! I  I never indicated, nor would I ever wish,  that women subordinate themselves to men! Marriage is a union of two people who plan on working together for the benefit of each other and for any children — similar to a corporate structure. There could be a Mrs President and a Mr Vice President!  Or, a Mr Mom and Mrs Breadwinner. It is all about cooperation. Equal but different., perhaps a unique concept in 2018.

gerritn said:

mtierney said:

You define an honest post by me as “deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response” is way over the top and insulting to me on a very personal level.

mtierney said:

tjohn said:
 Boy, can you misquote me! I  I never indicated, nor would I ever wish,  that women subordinate themselves to men! Marriage is a union of two people who plan on working together for the benefit of each other and for any children — similar to a corporate structure. There could be a Mrs President and a Mr Vice President!  Or, a Mr Mom and Mrs Breadwinner. It is all about cooperation. Equal but different., perhaps a unique concept in 2018.

I quoted what that woman said about her beliefs. I wasn't interested in whether she herself was married, had children or was a stay-at-home mom. That is why tjohn said what he did.

What that woman said was like a Black person saying that White people should be in charge and Black people should be contented with having to sit in the back of the bus.

drummerboy said:

tjohn said:

drummerboy said:
It's too early to call for his impeachment. But not too early to promise to investigate him up the wazoo if they take the House.

Hell - have one committee investigate his finances, another his possible perjury, another for sexual assault.  There must be others.
Nail him to the wall.

He is not a sympathetic figure.
 How about pursuing entirely legitimate investigations of the Trump Administration with the additional benefit that Trump will become increasingly unhinged and will damage himself and the Republican Party.

I believe the House will be able to do more than one thing at a time.

And investigating Kavenaugh is completely legitimate.

eta: The importance of investigating BK is twofold - one, because he deserves it, but more importantly, it shows the Repubs that they will face some backlash for the way they gamed the hearings. They have to be punished when they do wrong.

When they do wrong >>   Investigation = punishment

????

Actually, the impeachment goal was in the minds and hearts of Democrats the day after Election Day. 

The House found calling the President of Ukraine a liar, because he said there was no deal with Trump, no quid quo pro, and was in their best interests. If Biden wins the nomination, Ukraine will be once again be in the cross hairs, this time with Biden’s son’s baggage. Perhaps a steamer trunk might be uncovered?

Ms Pelosi saw the writing on the wall when she tried to derail the impeachment. She knew that it was dangerous to pursue a political, purely partisan  impeachment. She gave in to the demands (she is a politician) but moved the process into overdrive and now sits on the documents rather than hand them over to the Senate.

mtierney said:

The House found calling the President of Ukraine a liar, because he said there was no deal with Trump, no quid quo pro, and was in their best interests. If Biden wins the nomination, Ukraine will be once again be in the cross hairs, this time with Biden’s son’s baggage. Perhaps a steamer trunk might be uncovered?

Ukraine is in the actual cross hairs of Russia. That is really what this is all about. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.