New York Football Giants

A quarterback with mobility can sometimes make up for a sorry defense. People kept saying "well the defense sucks" to defend Eli's obvious decline the past 2 years. Defense didn't get any better but the team got a come from behind win with the star player out due to injury. It's only 1 game but speaks volumes. 

Imagine if they held on to Beckham...... 

Good game and nice to see energy at the QB position again.  

the18thletter said:

A quarterback with mobility can sometimes make up for a sorry defense. People kept saying "well the defense sucks" to defend Eli's obvious decline the past 2 years. Defense didn't get any better but the team got a come from behind win with the star player out due to injury. It's only 1 game but speaks volumes. 

I'll admit that I was wrong about being able to overcome the weakness of the defense. The defense still needs to improve if the team is going to be better than mediocre. But when Tate and Barkley come back it looks like they'll be able to score points. 

ml1 said:

I'll admit that I was wrong about being able to overcome the weakness of the defense. The defense still needs to improve if the team is going to be better than mediocre. But when Tate and Barkley come back it looks like they'll be able to score points. 

Don't get me wrong, you and others are right that the defense sucks. I just never felt that it should be an excuse to neglect the QB issue on offense. 

the18thletter said:

Don't get me wrong, you and others are right that the defense sucks. I just never felt that it should be an excuse to neglect the QB issue on offense. 

I was wrong in thinking the QB change couldn't give them a win. grin

If the offense can control the ball for longer periods of time, the defense will seem ok.  with Eli and all the 3 and outs, they were out there too much.  

mikescott said:

If the offense can control the ball for longer periods of time, the defense will seem ok.  with Eli and all the 3 and outs, they were out there too much.  

The OL has been good so far, so I'm not as concerned about Barkley being out.  Gallman isn't a guy who is likely to break off a 75 yard run like Barkley, but if there are openings, he's competent enough to keep the ball moving forward.  Especially if opponents decide to focus on the passing game and dare the Giants to run.

Giants-Jets on Nov 10th shaping up to be quite a barn burner.  Shurmur and Gase sure are a couple of lovable teddy bears. Sigh...

I take back the first sentence of my September 27 post. 

ml1 said:

I take back the first sentence of my September 27 post. 

yes.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.