Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Both of the replacements are new to the club this year.  Cohen wants his own team, piece by piece.

FilmCarp said:

Both of the replacements are new to the club this year.  Cohen wants his own team, piece by piece.

someone should tell him that firing coaches at 11pm eastern on a road trip is the most Wilpony thing he could do. 

There goes my Tuesday night. 

Fingers crossed that it’s only one…

jimmurphy said:

There goes my Tuesday night. 

Fingers crossed that it’s only one…

lat inflammation

ml1 said:

lat inflammation

Sounds innocuous. Hopefully it is.

Good night for a rainout.

Thankful to have two teams to watch, albeit one much less interesting.

I am stricken by the lack of enthusiasm for the other team on this board, given where we live, in what is basically their territory. 

jimmurphy said:

Good night for a rainout.

Thankful to have two teams to watch, albeit one much less interesting.

I am stricken by the lack of enthusiasm for the other team on this board, given where we live, in what is basically their territory. 

I like it.  Their fans suck all the air out of the room.  Besides, I'm a Trenton guy.  Mets and Phillies and then who cares.

jimmurphy said:

Sounds innocuous. Hopefully it is.

have tickets for next Wednesday. Now hoping for a deGrom-Harvey match up grin

Watching this game is painful.  Mets winning despite their best efforts.  This should be a laugher.

11 walks and 9 hits and only 4 runs. That's tough to do. Walker has been a nice pickup so far. 

Crazy stat (if indeed true): Albert Pujols has gotten a hit off of 10.21% of all MLB pitchers ever.

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1390797031518752769?s=21

This is another hard game to watch.  I know it's tied, but leadoff hitter gets on and 2,3,and 4 do nothing in the ninth.  Come on.

FilmCarp said:

This is another hard game to watch.  I know it's tied, but leadoff hitter gets on and 2,3,and 4 do nothing in the ninth.  Come on.

Lindor was over-thinking with the bunt. 

ml1 said:

FilmCarp said:

Diesel Donnie Raccoon told him to bunt in the tunnel.

Train_of_Thought said:

ml1 said:

FilmCarp said:

Diesel Donnie Raccoon told him to bunt in the tunnel.

Actually, when the tunnel thing happened, my son humorously said, "Maybe Alvarado finally showed up for Dom's challenge."  ;-) 

One of the most absurd post-game press conferences I've ever seen. Not sure what the media folks thought would happen if they kept asking the same questions about the "rat" and the "raccoon."

One thing Lindor is doing for this team that is overlooked is that he is taking all of the heat for not hitting.  Alonso is the only one hitting at all.  Smith, McNeill, McCann, Conforto, nothing.  It's a good enough team that if any three of them are hitting they can win.

OK, things are rounding into shape, perhaps. Nice win. 

I love when the other NL East teams are playing each other.  Phils and Braves split the first two of their series.  Last night was wild.  Phillies bullpen did their best to emulate the 2019 Mets' pen.  They blew a 2-run lead in the 9th, 1-run lead in the 11th and a 3-run lead in the 12th.  It's still really early, but so far the Mets look like they could be the most balanced team in the division.  But there's a lot of time left for the bullpen and hitting to regress to the mean, which would be to the better for the hitting, but for the worse for the bullpen.

I do think the Mets improved their bullpen considerably.  The only true weakness is Familia, who is just a head case.  But that offense has got to find some way to hit a single with a man on second.

FilmCarp said:

I do think the Mets improved their bullpen considerably.  The only true weakness is Familia, who is just a head case.  But that offense has got to find some way to hit a single with a man on second.

Familia has been very good, with a sub-1 ERA. Credit where due.

jimmurphy said:

FilmCarp said:

Familia has been very good, with a sub-1 ERA. Credit where due.

like most of the members of the 'pen, his first outing or two were shaky.  But after the first week, they've turned things around.

It's hard to know if some of the early season scuffling was due to the terrible cold weather, or the long layoffs between games.  It seems like once the team started playing regularly in more favorable weather, every aspect of their game has improved.  I'm hoping the warm weather brings out better hitting.

I have zero recollection of this guy, but I'm thinking that $25 for a quirky authenticated MLB jersey is a good deal!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203335044404?hash=item2f57b68d34:g:rxAAAOSwxJxgaIqQ

ml1 said:

like most of the members of the 'pen, his first outing or two were shaky.  But after the first week, they've turned things around.

It's hard to know if some of the early season scuffling was due to the terrible cold weather, or the long layoffs between games.  It seems like once the team started playing regularly in more favorable weather, every aspect of their game has improved.  I'm hoping the warm weather brings out better hitting.

Familia walks two guys, gives up a hit, but gets a double play and a strikeout to keep his low ERA.  Or his runs get charged to the guys before him.  He's just never a clean inning.

Two men on, no outs, and 3,4,5 hitters strand them.

Is it my imagination or does McCann hit into a DP in every at bat?

ml1 said:

Is it my imagination or does McCann hit into a DP in every at bat?

It's close enough to being literally true.

bub said:

It's close enough to being literally true.

He managed to K this time in the 9th.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.