Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

I like Stroman because he is one of the shortest pitchers to start a game in the Majors since 2000.

He was injured in 2018--nagging injuries, like a sore shoulder and a blister--that might have been caused by back to back 200 inning seasons.  He looks great this year so far, although his W-L does not reflect that.

You kind of hate to see Smith go after finally finding his groove.  He is their best option off the bench right now.  But Alonso is so locked in at first that there is no room for Smith, so this trade would be great for him as well.

and Stroman and Matz were opponents in HS. The two best pitchers on LI

Wow. I did not hear the Smith for Stroman idea. Sounds like a good one to me, now that Gio is out of the picture. Is there something about Keuchel that's scaring people off or is it no one - no one?? - really wants to pay him $20m or so for a season? Wheeler is pitching like an ace. Casually throwing 99-100 mph last night, but more importantly, getting his curveball in for strikes. He's unhitable if he gets that pitch over. I really like Ramos behind the plate.

I think the Stroman idea is just one blogger speculating. But it makes sense given that Stroman might be gone as a FA after this season. 

Phillies are boiling.  I hope they issue warnings.  Someone is gonna get hit.

Who's the third in the booth with Gary and Keith???

Train_of_Thought said:
Who's the third in the booth with Gary and Keith???

Me. How am I doing?

Just saw...Todd Zeile. He of the King of Queens cameos.

Not a word on Darling's condition lately.

Can't blame Vargas so far tonight.

I take back what I said about the Phillies' bullpen. It's also nice to see Harper rubbing off on Hoskins. Clearly Hoskins hasn't seen Rhame pitch the last two years. 

jfinnegan said:
I take back what I said about the Phillies' bullpen.

No! It’s just one FilmCarp prediction of doom away from never giving up another run this season.

that Gary Cohen or Artimus Pyle?

Huh.

What do they call it when a pitcher pitches nine innings? I can't remember.

104 pitches, 74 strikes.

And he gave himself the only lead he needed.

Well done, Thor.

(My one quibble is that these lists of pitchers who hit a home run in their 1-0 shutouts leave out the guy who hit two in his 2-0 no-hitter.)

DaveSchmidt said:
Well done, Thor.
(My one quibble is that these lists of pitchers who hit a home run in their 1-0 shutouts leave out the guy who hit two in his 2-0 no-hitter.)

Rick Wise?

Train_of_Thought said:
For your baseball-loving viewing pleasure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbIlzkHvg-U

Yellow card for the intentional hand ball.

Who knew Angel Cordero and Laffit Pincay played baseball.

Train_of_Thought said:
Who knew Angel Cordero and Laffit Pincay played baseball.

harlequins

With 7-6 lead, bases loaded and two outs, I actually think we got perhaps the best final out we could want -- a hard-hit ball to struggling Rosario with the game on the line and he makes the play.

nice to finally won one.  But Frazier is an anchor.

Alonso keeps this up, he'll be team captain before we know it.

Does Mickey Callaway last the year? I keep seeing articles about Callaway on thin ice. 

NotoriousEAM said:
Does Mickey Callaway last the year? I keep seeing articles about Callaway on thin ice. 

He's gone by Monday morning.

It is sad to think that if not for two singles by Davis and a walk by Alonso the immortal Sandy Alcantara would have thrown a perfect game.

wharfrat said:
 He's gone by Monday morning.

Do you all think this is on Calloway?  I know that when things are sinking they cannot fire the team so they fire the manager, but I don't see how Calloway is the reason that their bats are dead.

I mean, how many Mets have even reached third base in the last five games?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.