Maplewoodstock 2017 t-shirts are here

Two designs this year:

1. Stage and Hill (front and back)
  2. The Tree (front only)

Available in a variety of colors and sizes -- including a few long-sleeved.

We will start selling on Sunday, May 21, at Mayfest (Springfield Avenue - between Indiana & Rutgers) from 11 am to 5 pm.

Thereafter, many Saturday mornings, we will be in front of King's supermarket in Maplewood Village.  Watch our Facebook and Twitter account for reminder on when/where we are selling.

Bump - Just a reminder - we should have all designs, colors and sizes available on Sunday.  Kids and adults are sharing the designs this year.

We are selling like crazy at Mayfest today - stop on by!  We don't have our credit card thingy working - please bring cash.

Shirts are $20 - $15 kids.  You can get 3 plus a lawn sign for $50.

Here's a few of the styles/color we have this year (tanks not shown):

Online ordering is now available: http://maplewoodstock.com/merc...

We plan on being by the Duck Race on Monday as well.

Thanks to everyone who has picked up a t-shirt so far!  We'll be in town by King's on Saturdays.  Or buy your shirt at the website at website: http://www.maplewoodstock.com/...

We have many different styles - but not unlimited quantities - so be sure to get your design/style/color/size choice today!

Who does these designs? They are lovely.

thanks Tom, I came up with the design concepts this year, then we fine tuned them a bit in our t-shirt comittee.  

The stage concepts came from tracing the outline from a few element in past maplewoodstock photos.

The tree design just fell into place when i found the 2 elements.

@Tom -- thanks for your comments.

Many years we have an open "Call for Submissions" for t-shirt designs.  This year, we decided to try to take it "in house."

If you know any artists of graphic designers who could help us in the years (and decades!) ahead, please reach out via maplewoodstock@gmail.com

Was any particular tree the inspiration for the t-shirt design?

Jamie had a vision.  And a man on a flaming pie revealed the design to him.

It reminds me of this one!

There's a big oak at the top of the Maplewoodstock hill. 

Here's how the back of the stage shirt evolved (There was a few dozen iterations of it before finalizing it): 

And that is how the sausage is made ...

Shirts are being sold this Saturday in from of Kings in Maplewood from 10am to 2pm (and probably most Saturdays until the event)

I wish we could revisit some of the early designs.  I like the one that is @maplewoodstock's avatar, for example.  My favorite that I actually still have and wear often is this one.  And a lot of other people like it too, judging from the number of requests I got for it on a couple of occasions when I was selling t-shirts at more recent Maplewoodstocks.

Jamie, if one ordered from the link on your May-26 post, those shirts will be shipped to one's address, yes? I ordered one a soon after you posted that link and I've not received anything. 

@sac -- Thanks for your feedback.  Actually, our "avatar" -- or Logo -- is the "Lawn Chair and Acoustic Guitar Case" design (that is from 2010 onwards ...).  On our official Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/maple... -- and Twitter accounts -- https://twitter.com/maplewoods... -- etc.

Your photos reference (front-of-shirt) "The Flower Guitar Design" from circa 2009.

Every year we try to come up with a design or two that will appeal to our audience.  As you know, the sales of our t-shirts help fund this FREE, two-day music festival, and help us bring in acts like Los Lobos (and The Wailers, NRBQ, Nora Jones, Marshall Crenshaw, The Smithereens, etc.) to our town.

Ideas and feedback always welcome via our official maplewoodstock@gmail.com address.  Yes, we read.  Yes, we consider and discuss.

Volunteers always welcome.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Jamie, if one ordered from the link on your May-26 post, those shirts will be shipped to one's address, yes? I ordered one a soon after you posted that link and I've not received anything. 

No? Nothing?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

No? Nothing?

Howard - sorry for the delay - your order was put aside and will be mailed out on Monday. 

I'm wearing my 2010 shirt at the moment. I don't wear t-shirts much, but I really like this one.

maplewoodstock said:

@sac -- Thanks for your feedback.  Actually, our "avatar" -- or Logo -- is the "Lawn Chair and Acoustic Guitar Case" design (that is from 2010 onwards ...).  On our official Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/maple... -- and Twitter accounts -- https://twitter.com/maplewoods... -- etc.

Your photos reference (front-of-shirt) "The Flower Guitar Design" from circa 2009.

Every year we try to come up with a design or two that will appeal to our audience.  As you know, the sales of our t-shirts help fund this FREE, two-day music festival, and help us bring in acts like Los Lobos (and The Wailers, NRBQ, Nora Jones, Marshall Crenshaw, The Smithereens, etc.) to our town.

Ideas and feedback always welcome via our official maplewoodstock@gmail.com address.  Yes, we read.  Yes, we consider and discuss.

Volunteers always welcome.

All I can say is that on at least two different occasions (different years) I was wearing that circa 2009 t-shirt with the flower guitar while selling the shirts for the current year and had a number of people asking if they could buy one like mine.

I'm not on the crew this year because of family conflicts (kid getting married this weekend plus two trips in quick succession) that will keep me away most of the time between now and mid-July, but I hope to be back selling shirts again next year.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.