Lunch near Richard Rodgers Theater, 226 W. 46th Streets - restaurant suggestions please archived

Interested in recommendations for lunch near Richard Rodgers Theater, 226 W. 46th Streets - restaurant suggestions please.

Hourglass Taven on 46th:
http://www.hourglasstavern.com/

44 and X
http://www.44andx.com

Kodama Sushi. 45th & 8th. Not fancy inside, but delicious and reasonably priced sushi and sashimi. They cater to the pre and post theater crowd. There is always one table of Japanese businessmen, which I consider to be an excellent sign.

Joe Allen and Orso on Restaurant Row are always good. Nearby on Ninth, Breeze (Thai) and Hell's Kitchen (Mexican). Just slightly farther but very good are Chimichurri Grill and Bocca di Bacco. I probably wouldn't head east of the theater for dining.

Ben's Deli, 38th between 7th and 8th Aves.

Becco is cozy and the pasta is good. It is in the 300 block of West 46th Street.

Bryant Park Grill is a lovely setting between w 40th and w.42 behind the public library facing the square; Cafe Un Deux Trois 123 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
(212) 354-4148 ; Orso is on W46th mentioned above, open fire brick oven
Love 44 and x mentioned above, further to west if game for it.

Haru on 43 St. Nice Japanese place; have eaten there often
Cafe Un, Deux, Trois 44th Street (nice brunch) very popular
Playwrights (44th & 8th)--not fancy but decent value; eat upstairs, not in the bar area

Joe Allen is a classic. Haru is also very nice. Personally, I'm partial to going west from Times Square, so I'd cross anything east of 7th off my list, but that's just my bias. Unless a person has mobility issues, or the weather is absolutely dreadful, I don't think 10th Ave is too far a walk from the Richard Rodgers.

Our new theater district favorite: Glasshousetavern.com, 252 West 47th Street

Joe Allen. We have seen some celebs there. Very comfortable and cozy. On 46st between 8th and 9th.

Depending on size of group and ages, Ellen's Stardust Diner (B'way and 51st) can be a huge hit -- food is serviceable, service is quick, but it's the singing waitstaff sharing showtunes which make it sparkle. Lines move quickly, particularly for parties of 2 or 3 --

Another vote for Joe Allen. It's fun to study the posters of flops on the walls.

I've never NOT seen a celeb there. If you're into that sort of thing.
blank stare

Nice to see all the Joe Allen love. Where else are you going to see a Moose Murders poster? @tjohn, what did you decide?

We ended up at a place called Il Forno - corner of 8th and 45th. Good enough food and plenty of seating which was important because we were running a bit late. The mushroom risotto was very good. I like the margherita pizza as well.

Triomphe in the Iroquois Hotel. 49 w 44th st

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!