Inconsequential Chat

Ohhh Boy.  

That's a good one.

Doncha love Bunnings, Officeworks et al?? Can’t wait to flog us stuff no matter how cheap the posters cheese

And how they conveniently ignore the fact that most Australians don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and that Black Friday has a different connotation to the American meaning.

For my American readers, Black Friday is the day, Friday the 13th of January in 1939, that the Australian state of Victoria was engulfed by the worst bushfires that had been seen up to that time.   71 people were killed, and many more houses and properties were lost.

I regard it as offensive for Australian businesses to use the term as a sales pitch.

It’s getting to look a lot like Christmas in Beaudesert - even though the daytime temperatures hover around 90 degrees F !!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-04/yarnbombing-gives-rural-town-a-pickmeup-for-festive-season/11760398

cheese cheese

More eco-friendly than the more usual deco’s Councils like to install, and possibly less likely to spark a fire in a flying melted-ember attack on a total fire ban day... 

Hopefully, a success story in the making...

LarvalBot is an interesting story.  It was developed by the QUT (Queensland University of Technology).

https://www.qut.edu.au/science-engineering/about/news?id=137694

We all get heavier as we get older because there's a lot more information in our heads.

So, I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold any more so it started filling up the rest of me!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Stop conspiring with my super-intelligent life-partner! smile

NOTICE OF MY INTENTION TO LEAVE MOL. 

It may or may not be disappointing to some people to know that I have decided to leave this group. I am sick and tired of the constant criticisms and puerile remarks about things that have nothing to do with anyone else but me. I am disappointed in several of the members.... Okay... So I like dressing-up in rubber clothes. So what? And, my culinary tastes might seem strange to some people... but I have particular penchant for cucumbers. Which brings me to the matter of my sexual preferences, which I know might seem strange to some people, but the judge was particularly understanding when I explained that running naked through our local field wearing crotchless fluffy underwear on my head and brandishing an egg whisk in each hand is an ancient pagan custom and... Ooops! Wrong group! Please ignore all of the above.

Cuddle time is all the time...

I'm an eggnostic, so I'll stay out of this discussion

This makes a lot of sense.

But you didn't take into consideration globalization which spreads these professionals or professionals' work around the globe.

Copihue said:

But you didn't take into consideration globalization which spreads these professionals or professionals' work around the globe.

All the more reason to be aware of the situation.

I've just been fired from my job at Pepsi.

I tested positive for Coke.

If Jesus had been Polish.

Or Italian..

'But it’s natural!’
Excerpt from "This Is Going To Hurt" by Adam Kay

If you've wondered .. or are wondering .. about things Australian, take a look at the Travel to Australia community in the WorldWebs Related SubForums.

The link is on the left-hand side of the main forums page.

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/subforum/worldwebs-related

Gasp!  Some of those rolls have been mounted backwards!

Do you need a secret code to gain access??

I'm feeling rather chuffed with myself.

I've never been this old before!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.