Inconsequential Chat

I used to do similar ... walking along the street with a bunch of friends, I'd wave at someone who might have been sitting with a group of people in a restaurant.  

I'd also get the 'Do I know you?' look.

It's so nice to receive friendly emails, isn't it?

smile

Salutti, Close friends call me Yevgeniya. Anyway, im attempting to get a sincere, long term spousal relationship. Actually i am a modern chick and i also certain that in 2019, i will find an honest husband across the Word wide web. I am actually motivated, cheerful. My own emotional heart truly want real love. If will you respond, Most definitely i'll gladly provide you with my photographs and simply tell you considerably more about myself.

Interested? Please reply ONLY to my personal mail box: (redacted)

Yevgeniyushechka.

Welcome. How you? If fairly, I first time write to the man which is in other country. In what country you live?I have addressed in agency of acquaintances with the request to find the significant other and after passages of some tests to me distances your electronic box.But I know nothing about you. My subscription free. I hope, you not against to meet is interesting and to find out each other more close?My name is Angelica. To me 31 year. I live in Russia. Tell to me a little about itself? I will be is glad if at us correspondence we will begin adequate and positive.If I to you am uninteresting please, do not spend my and time. I will wait your answer with big impatience. Bye, Anzhelika.

On a more serious note, people might not realise that the World Solar Challenge  is on again, and facing some serious unplanned conditions - strong winds (that blow the cars off the roads), and the cars' solar panels/engines bursting into flames:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-17/solar-challenge-leading-vehicle-bursts-into-flames/11611112

We'd thought we'd moved well beyond these dramatic stages by now...

A smile - is a sign of joy.

A hug - is a sign of love.

A laugh - is a sign of happiness.

And a friend like me??

Hell...that's just a sign of good taste!!

I hope Bluey does well - it’s up for an award in the preschool category of the International Emmy Kids Awards.

I love the program, and think it's brilliant.  Just about every episode makes me smile.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/18/is-there-a-more-emmy-worthy-childrens-show-than-bluey

Bluey is available on https://iview.abc.net.au/

Morganna said:

On a political note.

That is GREAT!!!  question

Nah.  It'll never happen!

Tomorrow is National Grumpy Old Fat Balding Guy Day.

I expect recognition!

When did you become bald??!  smirk Have you also lost your wonderous beard? I warn you, I'll go into mourning...

Oh, to honour your comment: 

joanne said:

When did you become bald??! 
smirk
Have you also lost your wonderous beard? I warn you, I'll go into mourning...

I didn't say bald .  I said balding.  I haven't gone all the way to that stage, yet.

The beard is still intact.

And thank you, too, to D for the comment. He's looking good.

You wouldn't read about it...

There are some clever people about.

If they don't raise a smile, they might - at the very least - raise a snort!

The festive decorations are already going up in my part of the world - much too early, if you ask me.

So anyway, in the spirit of the season ...

I love local Shows (the Country Fairs). This one included the annual Dog High Jump, the report features Danny the blind dog:

https://www.theguardian.com/global/commentisfree/2019/nov/18/first-dog-on-the-moons-day-out-at-the-show-with-dogs-adorably-doing-high-jump

Department of the bleeding obvious

marksierra said:

Notice the interloper in this nativity scene did you, hmm?

(Yes, I'll admit it is a few years old, but it still tickled me somewhat.)

Another heart-warming story just in time for you-know-what!

marksierra said:

Department of the bleeding obvious

marksierra said:

Notice the interloper in this nativity scene did you, hmm?

Thought he looked totally at home! smile meant to ask if you showed Barry??

Sorry about this image being a little blurred.

But then, it might be better to leave some things to the imagination

I've just been emailing a plumbing supplies business asking if they had spare parts for some superseded tapware I need to repair.   I could have used the term 'obsolete', but I'm afraid that might have given the wrong impression.

I always carry a pebble with me to throw at people who sing Christmas songs in November.

I call it my jingle bell rock.

I was taught that 'Step Two' (as shown here) was also known as 'Finnigan's Constant - a number which, when added to or subtracted from, multiplied by or divided into the answer you got, gave you the answer you should have got.

Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses

'Flickering'. 

I think that's what they mean to say.

Further edited to add.  Look up 'Kerning'.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.