GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

GL2 said:
Bullsiht Man and his sidekick Slimey. Instead of a Fortress of Solitude, they could use Deutsche Bank as their lair. I'm imagining other characters for the origin story.
Any help is appreciated.

Send a scenario in to Our Cartoon President. I caught part of an episode last night which touched on our earliest nightmares of him having the nuclear code.

https://www.bing.com/aclk?ld=e3FbAGcndu-AYYEMiFu93NBjVUCUx4pJUAsiX1DyzEh9ff1zXWgYQjiOeQEHzzUOKyDgWzqiJXQsBoGzl_yqQV4dy0H_IgUM4w-A0ClRmTH6jcf9YX16AMJM4Dzc1vcw7R59YZE8sS1gB_ZgAiWbkwNPJeGXJtClpGfyvyYnMRVT1Ajvou&u=aHR0cCUzYSUyZiUyZmNsaWNrc2VydmUuZGFydHNlYXJjaC5uZXQlMmZsaW5rJTJmY2xpY2slM2ZsaWQlM2Q0MzcwMD...

mtierney said:
How many ways are there to spell “desperation”?

A quick review of the Dumpster’s tweets shows at least 27. 

Rule #1: everything Trump touches goes to ****.

Case in point: Iran:

When he pulled out of Iran deal (because it was Obama's deal) the Europeans warned for unintended consequences such as emboldening the hard liners in Iran, and causing instability and limited acts of aggression meant to destabilize international affairs. Which is precisely what we are seeing.

Furthermore, everybody in the world knows by now that Trump is a lying piece of ****, so nobody believes all his accusations that the Iranians are behind the tanker attacks.

And finally, the majority of US voters also know he pretty much lies about everything, and do not want to start another shooting war in the middle east.

And now he wants to negotiate, but the Iranians won't call him. And if they do call him they will say we want our Obama deal back with some additional goodies.

So he will either let the Iranians do whatever they want, or accidentally start a war without any support at home or abroad, or negotiate a worse deal than the one he canceled.

Which brings us back to rule #1.

to me, DJT is not a politician — and that, IMHO,  is a good thing!

Politics and politicians have created the mess the country is in.

POTUS didn’t do it all by himself in 2+ years — he had the help of the Democratics!

Klinker said:
????

It's been all downhill since (checks calendar) five months ago when the Democrats took over one of the two houses of Congress.

nohero said:
 It's been all downhill since (checks calendar) five months ago when the Democrats took over one of the two houses of Congress.

Sorry, it actually began on Election nite — the disbelief, the anguish of a promised trophy lost, the incredulity of those who thought Dems winning was in the bag. Torpedo all things Trump — whether a Supreme Court nominee getting trashed or immigrants suffering, nothing of substance would be achieved while DJT was in office.

How much of the suffering at our border is due to party self interest and spitefulness? On both sides —GOP defensively. It has never been what is best for our country, but who will get the credit for what needs to be done. Immature, egotistical, and dishonest conduct — schoolyard behavior. 

mtierney said:
How much of the suffering at our border is due to party self interest and spitefulness? On both sides —GOP defensively. It has never been what is best for our country, but who will get the credit for what needs to be done. Immature, egotistical, and dishonest conduct — schoolyard behavior. 

Does anyone remember this mass, major suffering at the border before Trump's presidency? I don't. 

Children locked up, children separated from their parents, etc. 

mtierney said:

POTUS didn’t do it all by himself in 2+ years — he had the help of the Democratics!

I'm sorry @mtierney, I think that is not a helpful Idea to embrace. If we blame everything on politicians we abdicate our own responsibility and deny our power. You seem to be a person of deep faith so I would hope that you believe in the power of good to triumph over evil.

I say this with respect to a friend who follows a religion which forbids political involvement. I keep arguing that these people who try to follow an ethical life, might be just the people who should want to participate.

That said I do believe in a separation of church and state but why blame all politicians for the state of affairs. We are active participants if we chose to be. Nothing stops us from making things better.

mtierney said:

nohero said:
 Sorry, it actually began on Election nite — the disbelief, the anguish of a promised trophy lost, the incredulity of those who thought Dems winning was in the bag. Torpedo all things Trump — whether a Supreme Court nominee getting trashed or immigrants suffering, nothing of substance would be achieved while DJT was in office.

Which "things Trump" were torpedoed by the Democrats?

Also, immigrants suffering is due to administrative agencies under the control of Trump.

Morganna said:

mtierney said:

I'm sorry @mtierney, I think that is not a helpful Idea to embrace. If we blame everything on politicians we abdicate our own responsibility and deny our power. You seem to be a person of deep faith so I would hope that you believe in the power of good to triumph over evil.
I say this with respect to a friend who follows a religion which forbids political involvement. I keep arguing that these people who try to follow an ethical life, might be just the people who should want to participate.
That said I do believe in a separation of church and state but why blame all politicians for the state of affairs. We are active participants if we chose to be. Nothing stops us from making things better.

Save your breath.  I’ll explain all of this to her when I see her in Hell. 

Red_Barchetta said:

You will have to text me, because I made heavenly reservations decades ago!

Doubtful. I don’t think Heaven takes reservations.  That said, your post does explain something for me. I have long wondered how a religious person of your age could revel in such blatant evil. I guess you thought you had already gotten in and so you didn’t have to worry about ethics any longer. 

If it’s any comfort, I don’t think it’s too late to repent. 

mtierney said:

Red_Barchetta said:

4 month old baby separated from his parents under new rules from the Trump administration. You better hope they have a senior moment in heaven too when you show up to collect on your reservation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/the-weekly/trump-immigration-border-separation-family.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

mtierney said:

seriously?  I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue.

Klinker said:
Doubtful. I don’t think Heaven takes reservations.  That said, your post does explain something for me. I have long wondered how a religious person of your age could revel in such blatant evil. I guess you thought you had already gotten in and so you didn’t have to worry about ethics any longer. 

If it’s any comfort, I don’t think it’s too late to repent. 

An Orthodox Rabbi once said to me "Sometimes religious people are the worst people".

People of various religions think that if they attend church regularly or pray the rosary or keep Kosher they can lie, steal or cheat.

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

Catholic sin. 

Many Catholics believe that confession, the Sacrament of Penance, remits all punishment. The before I die let me confess and I'll get into heaven. Its a fantasy.

A valid true confession remits eternal punishment but not temporal punishment. You're saved from hell but you cannot enter heaven if your spirit is not pure. That is, the character defects which led to sin are gone. Usually, an unpleasant stay at purgatory is required to cauterize the defects out.

Anyway, I'm sure mt made a funny. As we all know, reservations are not taken.  question 

Ah yes, purgatory. In Catholic school we said these short prayers, ejaculations, and our catechism would attribute numbers of days in purgatory that each prayer would erase.  I took it so seriously I used to try to rack up as many as I could in case later in life I had committed  many of those confessed sins.  I had an awakening at 14 that this didn't make sense.

BG9 said:

Anyway, I'm sure mt made a funny. As we all know, reservations are not taken.  question 

Reservations aren't necessary.  There's plenty of room (John 14:2).   smile  

BG9 said:
Catholic sin. 
Many Catholics believe that confession, the Sacrament of Penance, remits all punishment. The before I die let me confess and I'll get into heaven. Its a fantasy.
A valid true confession remits eternal punishment but not temporal punishment. You're saved from hell but you cannot enter heaven if your spirit is not pure. That is, the character defects which led to sin are gone. Usually, an unpleasant stay at purgatory is required to cauterize the defects out.

Depends on who you know who is already there!

BG9 said:

ml1 said:

mtierney said:
Catholic sin. 

ya mean all those Hail Mary's I said as a kid don't count for nuthin?

Kind of a conversation stopper there. I remain sorry for your loss. That said, I also remain doubtful about your future in eternal paradise. 

Then again, I don’t believe in Heaven or Hell. You can’t actually go someplace that doesn’t exist. 

BG9 said:
I'll get into heaven. Its a fantasy.

Yeah, I hate to say it loud, but...

I still think Trump is doing a lot more long-lasting damage to the republican party / conservative movement than we think. There is a whole generation growing up that basically sees the republican party to be equivalent to petty, selfish, dishonest, old-angry-white people's politics. So he is doing some good work. 

Wait til you get to hell and find that Trump has won the electoral vote and replaced Satan.

"I've got the best eternal damnation. Big time."

GL2 said:
Wait til you get to hell and find that Trump has won the electoral vote and replaced Satan.

Philip Roth wrote a satirical book about Nixon. In the epilogue he has Nixon running against Satan for Devil.

Klinker said:

Then again, I don’t believe in Heaven or Hell. You can’t actually go someplace that doesn’t exist. 

Back in the 60s many of us took trips to places that didn't exist.

and that is the genesis for the Moniker “Lost”?

drummerboy said:
 ya mean all those Hail Mary's I said as a kid don't count for nuthin?

Not a thing. Let the Good Father explain.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2pu0lv

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.