GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

"For context on Manafort's 47 months in prison, my client yesterday was offered 36-72 months in prison for stealing $100 worth of quarters from a residential laundry room," tweeted Scott Hechinger, a federal public defender in Brooklyn.

Come Meet The President!

The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.

GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)

She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

Get a load of this: every time ya think the outrage has finally shot its wad, the circle of jerks around Trump comes around again! They're never satisfied, despite the promises.

Hmmm...anyone inadvertently contribute to the Trump fundraising committee?  Ya might’ve been stiffed! 

Her consulting site featured Yang posing next to Trump in a signed photo, and said she was on the “Presidential Fundraising Committee,” according to Mother Jones.

Some gestures are starting to make sense now.

Yup, enslaved women forced into sex rings isn't funny. But using 13-yr-old-boy humor to mock the GOP is acceptable for a day. angry 

OK, I'm done.

GL2 said:
Come Meet The President!
The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.
GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)
She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

She may be a a major organized crime entrepreneur but I doubt that when she dies will she get the kind of front page and two full page spread obituary the NY Times gave to mobster Carmine Persico?

Maybe she'll earn  a minor mention in our present mob boss/president's obit. One of his many criminal connections.

“Many people have described the Trump administration as a kakistocracy — rule by the worst — which it is. But it’s also a hackistocracy — rule by the ignorant and incompetent. And in this Trump is just following standard G.O.P. practice.”

Krugman/nyt

“No Collusion”

As in.  Inverse of Collusion.

Robert_Casotto said:
“No Collusion”

And all this time I thought he was saying "No Collision" as in: Inverse of train wreck.

Robert_Casotto said:
“No Collusion”

You know in your heart that the guy is a career criminal and that Barr auditioned to clear him of charges. His policies may appeal to you but you need a strong stomach and flexible moral code.

"No thank you Mr. Attorney General. We do not need your interpretation. Show us the report and we can draw our own conclusions. We don't need you interpreting for us. It was condescending, it was arrogant and wasn't the right thing to do. The sooner they can give us the information, the sooner we can make a judgment about it."

Nancy Pelosi

Summarized in 4 pages?:

Mueller’s team issued more than 2,800 subpoenas, executed nearly 500 search warrants and interviewed more than 500 witnesses. That means the special counsel likely compiled thousands, if not millions, of documents and pieces of evidence. Material collected ranges from a $15,000 ostrich jacket worn by President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman to emails and encrypted text messages to hard drives and laptops. It could even include tax returns, if Mueller sought them.

In one Mueller case, that of longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone, the government said it had turned over 9 terabytes of discovery — an amount so large that Stone’s lawyers said if it were on paper, it would pile as high as the Washington Monument, twice.

If all of that was delivered to Congress, the House Judiciary Committee might need to invest in a larger office space. But lawmakers say what they really want is documentation of everything — and an idea of how that evidence guided Mueller’s conclusions.

HuffPost

Elementary school math question: What fraction of 400 pages is 4 pages?

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s final report on Russian interference in the 2016 election is between 300 and 400 pages long, raising questions about the accuracy of the short summary Attorney General William Barr sent to Congress on Sunday.

The Justice Department had been cagey about the length of Mueller’s report this week, with an official only telling reporters on Sunday that the document was “substantial.” But on Thursday, a Department of Justice official confirmed to HuffPost that the report is more than 300 pages, and a DoJ official confirmed to CNN that it is between 300 and 400 pages, not counting exhibits.

“Someone’s gonna leak this whole damn speech to the media,” he bemoaned...into the C-SPAN cameras.

TPM

He went on to explain that noise from wind turbines cause cancer. 

Yesterday was extra disturbing.

"During a meeting with the secretary general of Nato, US President Donald Trump continued his retaliation against the concluded Mueller investigation by calling for the media to look into its 'oranges', meaning origins. After repeating his claim that the report exonerates him from both collusion with the Russian government and obstruction of justice, Trump said his only disappointment with the report was that it didn't look into its own origins, which he claimed stem back to his presidential campaign announcement in June 2015. At another point in the meeting, Trump also claimed his father Fred Trump was born in 'a very nice part of Germany', when in fact his father was born in New York."

Link: Trump asks journalists to look into the 'oranges' of the Mueller investigation – video

I used to have fun here with ridiculous statements from W or Bachman or Sarah. 

Now it’s scary.

On Monday, Robert Reich posted this on Facebook.

Today at a Rose Garden ceremony belatedly celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of the inauguration of President Richard M. Nixon, President Trump said he regretted that thousands of children were still being held in custody at the U.S.-Mexican border, many without adequate medical care. “It is a tragedy, and I am totally responsible,” he said. He went on to say “I created a crisis at the border solely to fuel my base of supporters, for no reason other than my own political survival.”  After an awkward moment of silence, Mr. Trump said “I have lied again and again to the American people – about voting irregularities in the 2016 election, about the motives of my Democratic critics in Congress, and, yes, about my knowledge of and agreement to Putin’s role in helping me become president.” Wiping his eyes, Mr. Trump then commenced a string of apologies. “I apologize for criticizing the FBI and Justice Department when they were only trying to do their jobs,” he said. “I apologize for calling the press ‘enemies of the people,’” and “I apologize for criticizing judges who I disagreed with but were working honorably within our Constitutional system of checks and balances.”  Mr. Trump went on to express regret for “personally profiting from my presidency, and for appointing people – including my daughter and son-in-law -- who have also profited from their offices.” He also said "I should never have tried to end the Affordable Care Act, on which millions of Americans depend." Turning to foreign policy, he said “I should never have praised blood-thirsty dictators while criticizing America’s traditional friends around the world.”  Then, nearly breaking down, Mr. Trump expressed remorse “for sowing hate and division” in America.” He said “I have put a cloud over this presidency and disgraced this great country, for which I will be ashamed for the rest of my life.” He then announced he was resigning the presidency effective immediately. “I hope my decision begins a process of healing,” he said, brushing away tears. “I hope April 1, 2019 will be remembered as the day I came clean.”

Thanks STANV. As I've lamented before, I used to post outrageous GOP actions but since Trump administration, the thrill is gone. long face 

Impeach or not? I think I'm with Pelosi. Why start a doomed (in Senate) process that will go on for a couple of years when we have an opportunity to oust the career criminal in 2020 and make him "eligible" for answering to his crimes, both pre- and post-election. Moreover, this big fat albatross will be around the GOP's neck until after 2020 election.

It's not as satisfying but, as Comey said, the people have to reject this monster. Indicting or impeaching lets us off the hook.

And if we re-elect him, we deserve him.

I go back and forth on impeachment, but I think now, with all of the evidence of attempts at obstruction of justice, it's time to bite the bullet and just do it.

Hell, if a man like Trump is not impeached, then exactly what kind of behavior will it take to impeach someone else?

And it doesn't matter if we think the Senate won't vote to convict. Fine. Let them get on the TV and provide their full-throated supported for this despicable man.

drummerboy said:

And it doesn't matter if we think the Senate won't vote to convict. Fine. Let them get on the TV and provide their full-throated supported for this despicable man.

How would that be different from what they do already? 

Klinker said:

The ratings for impeachment hearings and trial would be through the roof, so maybe they'd be more embarrassed.

Nah - who am I kidding?

drummerboy said:

Klinker said:
The ratings for impeachment hearings and trial would be through the roof, so maybe they'd be more embarrassed.
Nah - who am I kidding?

Given what we've seen from these "patriots," they'd probably be tripping over each other to defend Trump. And the base would lionize them. 

Much has been said about how Trump could be a "useful idiot" for Putin. He's also a useful idiot for GOP tax and regulation slashers. 

They've answered the question, "What would you do if the country were at risk from a Putin puppet installed in the White House?"

"We'd make the most of it and use him to cut taxes and regs."

Lower than whale siht, this crowd.

GL2 said:
And if we re-elect him, we deserve him.

We already "elected" him once (if we can call our stupid anti-democratic EC system an election).

We re-elected GWB after we learned of Abu Ghraib and no WMD. This may be obvious to folks with better memories than mine.

Re-elected on November 2, 2004, his second inauguration was on January 20, 2005.

Senate Intelligence Report ::: July 9, 2004 

The Report of the Select Committee on Intelligence on the U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq is released. It faults America's ability to gauge Iraq's capabilities before the war. Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) says:
"Before the war, the U.S. intelligence community told the president, as well as the Congress, that Saddam Hussein had stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and if left unchecked, would probably have a nuclear weapon during this decade. Well, today we know these assessments were wrong. They were also unreasonable and largely unsupported by the available intelligence."

• Why did Abu Ghraib happen? | | anotherthink

https://www.anotherthink.com/contents/essays_on_faith/20040510_why...

May 10, 2004 · The moral situation at Abu Ghraib seems strikingly similar to what was happening in Alabama in the 1960’s, when black men and women were viewed by many as less than human and, as such, were considered fair game for humiliation, torture and murder.

• In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.