GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

RealityForAll said:

nohero said:

I was just commenting on the pickle jar obsession and the collecting of refutations represented above.  One you may have found if you tried a search for "Hillary" "Kimmel" and "pickle jar" on the Google:

On last night’s show, Kimmel played for his audience clips from a seven-minute video featuring InfoWars host and, the host said, leading “pickle-gate” proponent Alex Jones dissecting the segment in question and concluding that the entire performance was staged.

The pickle “can” — as Jones refers to it — didn’t “pop,” nor did Clinton open it in a manner consistent with normal opening procedure.

Kimmel proceeded to mock Jones for having too much time on his hands, and went on to “admit” that, indeed, the can-spiracy was uncovered, and now he had no choice but to murder the pickle jar.

“If you’re ever feeling bad about your job,” Kimmel told his viewers, "just remember there’s a grown man who spent a full seven minutes yelling about me and a pickle jar on television."
 I don't watch Infowars or Alex Jones.  Do you?

No, I don't.  I also don't watch Kimmel, I found information and clips about Hillary and him and the pickle jar through the Google.  

I don't know if you did or didn't watch Alex Jones online when you were doing all of your research to buttress the argument that there was something not kosher about the pickle jar challenge.

Kimmel admitted he finds Jones "entertaining," but didn't realize opening a pickle jar was such a significant rebuttal to the Clinton health rumors. "Let's say we did loosen the jar. What does opening pickles even prove?" Kimmel said. "I have to imagine that one of the perks of being president is you never have to open pickles yourself again, probably not even allowed to open pickles." 
https://amp.businessinsider.com/jimmy-kimmel-hillary-clinton-pickle-jar-2016-8

nohero said:

RealityForAll said:

nohero said:

I was just commenting on the pickle jar obsession and the collecting of refutations represented above.  One you may have found if you tried a search for "Hillary" "Kimmel" and "pickle jar" on the Google:

On last night’s show, Kimmel played for his audience clips from a seven-minute video featuring InfoWars host and, the host said, leading “pickle-gate” proponent Alex Jones dissecting the segment in question and concluding that the entire performance was staged.

The pickle “can” — as Jones refers to it — didn’t “pop,” nor did Clinton open it in a manner consistent with normal opening procedure.

Kimmel proceeded to mock Jones for having too much time on his hands, and went on to “admit” that, indeed, the can-spiracy was uncovered, and now he had no choice but to murder the pickle jar.

“If you’re ever feeling bad about your job,” Kimmel told his viewers, "just remember there’s a grown man who spent a full seven minutes yelling about me and a pickle jar on television."
 I don't watch Infowars or Alex Jones.  Do you?
 No, I don't.  I also don't watch Kimmel, I found information and clips about Hillary and him and the pickle jar through the Google.  
I don't know if you did or didn't watch Alex Jones online when you were doing all of your research to buttress the argument that there was something not kosher about the pickle jar challenge.

I think the only error committed by the various news orgs when they reported on the "pickle challenge" was in not labeling it a comedy segment.  I guess they didn't realize that a lot of right wingers were too dimwitted to realize it was a comedy bit.

ml1 said:

I think the only error committed by the various news orgs when they reported on the "pickle challenge" was in not labeling it a comedy segment.  I guess they didn't realize that a lot of right wingers were too dimwitted to realize it was a comedy bit.

If you don't see this on the screen, it's comedy.

RealityForAll said:

Try refuting the substance of my posts.

What substance? "A bunch of media outlets said a bunch of things" is not substance.

I'm having flashbacks to the Seinfeld episode with the naked woman trying to open a pickle jar. It wasn't pretty. 

This NYT article on Rosenstein gives Trump the excuse to fire him and feeds his base and gets the attention off of Kavanaugh. Rosenstein denies it's accuracy. I just want to scream about the timing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

My name is Kimmel, I've got a pickle
I've got a pickle -- briny, it's true

I'm gonna jar it, see if it can be
Got out. Who gonna do?

My name is Clinton, I may look harried
May be as weak as a baby at 2
Your prank will let me look like Fit Grandma
That's what I'm gonna do

If only I had known the discussion had taken such a laughable twist.

Morganna said:
This NYT article on Rosenstein gives Trump the excuse to fire him and feeds his base and gets the attention off of Kavanaugh. Rosenstein denies it's accuracy. I just want to scream about the timing.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-wear-wire-25th-amendment.html

I thought the NYT was fake news.

tom said:

RealityForAll said:

What substance? "A bunch of media outlets said a bunch of things" is not substance.

ml1 has taken the position the Kimmel-HRC-pickle-jar-opening was a gag/joke from its inception (and that any reasonable person should have known that it was a gag/joke).  In an effort to determine how a reasonable person contemporaneously viewed the  Kimmel-HRC-pickle-jar-opening, I have assembled quotes from various media on their view at the time it occurred (or shortly thereafter).  It appears that you do  not agree with my methodology.  If so, then please let me know how you think I should go about determining the POV of reasonable people who contemporaneously viewed the  Kimmel-HRC-pickle-jar-opening.  

RFA - you are venturing into paul s/nan territory.

drummerboy said:
RFA - you are venturing into paul s/nan territory.

Just pursuing the truth.  That is all.

RealityForAll said:

tom said:

RealityForAll said:

ml1 has taken the position the Kimmel-HRC-pickle-jar-opening was a gag/joke from its inception (and that any reasonable person should have known that it was a gag/joke).  

Yes. Because that's what it was. Your interpretation of the event is, to be blunt, nutty. 

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

tom said:

RealityForAll said:

ml1 has taken the position the Kimmel-HRC-pickle-jar-opening was a gag/joke from its inception (and that any reasonable person should have known that it was a gag/joke).  

Yes. Because that's what it was. Your interpretation of the event is, to be blunt, nutty. 

The quotes from the media folks in their headlines, bylines and stories say exactly the opposite of your POV. 

RealityForAll said:

The quotes from the media folks in their headlines, bylines and stories say exactly the opposite of your POV. 

What in the world ever attracted you to a Jay Ward cartoon?

RealityForAll said:

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

tom said:

RealityForAll said:

There's nothing in those stories that indicates they didn't know it was a comedy sketch. 

Just because you didn't get It doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't. And besides that, there's the Kimmel quote which explains that it wasn't meant to be anything that would be taken seriously. 

I feel like I'm arguing with someone from another planet who has no ability to comprehend earthling humor.  

DaveSchmidt said:

RealityForAll said:

What in the world ever attracted you to a Jay Ward cartoon?

+100

RealityForAll said:

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

tom said:

RealityForAll said:

lmfao

The Onion - always the best headlines:

GOP Officials Urge Calmer, More Reasonable Death Threats Toward Kavanaugh Accuser

Trump Asks Why Kavanaugh Accuser Didn’t Just Immediately Request Hush Money

Stumbling Drunk Chuck Grassley Warns Kavanaugh Accuser She Can Testify All She Wants But No One’s Going To Believe Her

Those are classic. I particularly love #1

Axios, Bloomberg, and AP are reporting...

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge. Per a second source with direct knowledge: “He’s expecting to be fired,” so he plans to step down. 

Gonna be a messy week in Trumplandia...even by Trump standards.

All Hell will break loose

Some reports are saying he actually refused to resign and has been called to the White House to be fired.

ridski said:
Some reports are saying he actually refused to resign and has been called to the White House to be fired.

I hope this is true. Let the Drumpfh deal with the repercussions of firing him. 

The speed of news headlines is dizzying!  Now at least 3 accusers of Kavanaugh?  If he withdraws his nomination, can these peckerheads get a new nominee confirmed before the midterms?

ElizMcCord said:

ridski said:

What repercussions? Congress bleating "oh, this is terrible" while rushing through his replacement?

BG9 said:

ElizMcCord said:

ridski said:
 What repercussions? Congress bleating "oh, this is terrible" while rushing through his replacement?

LOL as soon as I posted it, I remembered who we're dealing with. One can wish. 

at this moment - discussion title is incorrect

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!