Downtown Halloween fest 2021?

Is the annual Maplewood Halloween Parade/Party going on this year?

I heard that it was canceled/postponed for this year.

Yes. Confirmed from the Village Alliance. My daughter's birthday bash is cancelled. ;-(

Why would we need to cancel the Maplewood Halloween Parade?  Everyone is going to be wearing masks right?  What's the issue here? Let's get the Halloween parade back on!  The kids in the community deserve to have some fun. We already block of the streets with barricades to allow people to dine in a "COVID-19 free zone".  How did this ever affect the Halloween Parade?  Does Halloween spread COVID now?  This Township needs to get its act together.  What do they do anyway?  Are any roads being paved this year?  It's a simple parade during the day.  What do you need?  A couple of police officers and some barricades? That's absurd!

The merchants sponsor it.  If they don’t want the extra exposure this year, that is their decision.  Not yours, not the Townships. 

susan1014 said:

The merchants sponsor it.  If they don’t want the extra exposure this year, that is their decision.  Not yours, not the Townships. 

Oh wow, I always thought the Township sponsored the Halloween Parade.  Is this really true?  Huh, so the Merchants also paid for the police for that event for all these years? What about the Dickens Village?  Is that going to be cancelled too this year?

ConcernedHighTaxPayer said:

Oh wow, I always thought the Township sponsored the Halloween Parade.  Is this really true?  Huh, so the Merchants also paid for the police for that event for all these years? What about the Dickens Village?  Is that going to be cancelled too this year?

You really have no idea what goes on in your town do you? You sound like a freshman at university of Maryland. Next year the rubber ducks will return on the Fourth of July… relax 

The duck race is on Memorial Day.  Let's not confuse the OP further.

It's always surprising how many people can have such a strong opinion about something even if they don't know anything about it. 

ml1 said:

It's always surprising how many people can have such a strong opinion about something even if they don't know anything about it. 

I would solve all the problems in town, but I thought, paying some of the highest taxes in the nation in one of the smallest towns in the nation meant I didn't have to.

I would solve all the problems in town, but I thought, paying some of the highest taxes in the nation in one of the smallest towns in the nation meant I didn't have to.

Ever thought of moving? Union county has less taxes…you gotta stop trying to impress that beautiful woman…

it costs absolutely nothing for someone to stay quiet when they don't know what they're talking about. 

ml1 said:

it costs absolutely nothing for someone to stay quiet when they don't know what they're talking about. 

Quote of the day!!

ml1 said:

For future reference, Maplewood is one of the larger towns in just New Jersey.  We are in the top 20% in terms of population, larger than over 450 other towns in NJ.

No longer a South Orangino, I still wish our benighted friends to the South a spooky, fun, safe Halloween, however you choose to observe it. Or not...

-s.

Maplewood!  Your GOD has spoken!  Dr. Anthony Fraudci just announced on CNN two days ago that it is safe to take your kids trick or treating on Halloween.  Time to bring the Maplewood Chamber Halloween Parade back.

Dr. Fraudci, the GOD we trust has declared the following:

"Get out and enjoy it, it's mostly outside"

"If you are vaccinated you should be safe"

"The kids love it"

"My kids love it, and I took them trick or treating on Halloween"

"If you haven't been vaccinated, just take extra precautions"  Not sure what those extra precautions might be.  Are there full body condoms we can use as costumes for Halloween?

Doctor Fauci declares it is safe to go trick or treating on Halloween

Start your own community Halloween celebration then. Yes, it's sad that we'll miss another Village Halloween celebration, but that has always been the province of the Village merchants. Having the government force these private mom-and-pop businesses into conducting a holiday celebration for children seems a little Commie to me. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.