Delayed opening Friday Jan 18

mrincredible

Schools in SOMA are on a delayed opening today. Just got the call.


Klinker

Seems like a bit of an over reaction.  Was the snow worse to the West or something?


tjohn
Klinker said:
Seems like a bit of an over reaction.  Was the snow worse to the West or something?

 No.  Everybody is gun shy after the November storm that was such a traffic mess.


Klinker
tjohn said:


Klinker said:
Seems like a bit of an over reaction.  Was the snow worse to the West or something?
 No.  Everybody is gun shy after the November storm that was such a traffic mess.

 Fair enough but we will quickly run out of snow days if this is any sort of normal winter.


sprout

Do delayed openings impact snow days?


doulamomma
sprout said:
Do delayed openings impact snow days?

 I don’t think so 


Klinker

I thought it was cumulative (6 delayed openings equal one day).  I could be wrong.


cody

Delayed openings have never impacted snow days in the past, so I wouldn't expect them to do so now. The snow days built into our schedule are days when school is closed for the entire day. As long as school is in session for a minimum amount of time (4 hours, I believe) the day counts as a complete school day. That's why early dismissal/4-hour days count as regular school days.


mrincredible

Correct. Delayed opening days are official days.


Klinker

You learn something new everyday.


jimmurphy

As I understand it, this year there are no snow days “built into” the schedule.


School is ending a week earlier than usual and any snow days used will be tacked on the end.


Be careful scheduling vacations that first week once school ends.


conandrob240

after the winters we’ve had, how could a school,district not build any snow days into the schedule? That seems really dumb.


mammabear
conandrob240 said:
after the winters we’ve had, how could a school,district not build any snow days into the schedule? That seems really dumb.

They are not “built in” like previous years but are available at the end of the year. I think there are 3-4. If we don’t use them, kids just don’t have classes. Spring break is not impacted. It’s much better this way! 


yahooyahoo
jimmurphy said:
As I understand it, this year there are no snow days “built into” the schedule.


School is ending a week earlier than usual and any snow days used will be tacked on the end.


Be careful scheduling vacations that first week once school ends.

We are definitely not ending a week earlier than normal.  Maybe a couple of days.




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Real Estate Listings

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business