Commute to 415 Madison Ave

I have been contacted about job opening located at 415 Madison Ave, between East 48th & East 49th. How to get there from Penn Station? It looks like it might be a killer commute.

Tks,

Tabby

There's are buses 1/2 a block from Penn Station on 32nd Street that turn North on Madison Avenue, with a drop on 47th--M4 and Q32--I take it often--easy. Unsure how to get back to Penn from there however.

It's 1.3 miles from Penn Station, which I assume you will arrive at. Google says that's a 27 minute walk or 10 minute bike ride. Try Citibike. It's practical and fun and extremely inexpensive. I think it's something like $149/year. It's a bargain even if you only use it occasionally.

Either way, it doesn't sound killer. You will probably enjoy traversing the streets on foot, bike, scooter or whatever.

Tks...I thought it was much further than 1.6 miles. I could see taking bus or subway part of the way and walking the rest.

I used to work on 52nd and madison. walked when it was nice out, otherwise took the E train to 5th ave station and got out at Madison ave.

The problem with citibike is unless you get to penn station early, it is hard to find a bike at the two closest racks.

I was thinking the E, too - about 5 stops from Penn to 5th. Not sure how close the E platform is to the NJTransit area in Penn, though.

Not far at all. I used to take the E when commuting from NYP but heading downtown rather that uptown. For most platforms just remember to sit in the back to the train heading to NYP.

I used to work at 47th and Lexington and took the E to 53rd/Lex and walked down. I would take it to the 5th Ave stop and walk down Madison from there, it's only a few blocks. If you get on the back of the NJ Transit train in the morning, it's a short walk through the 8th Ave side of Penn to the A C E to pick up the E train. I'm in Queens these days so still take it pretty much each day.

Tks all! I now have a phone interview on Friday morning.

I used to take the A,C or E downtown last time I worked in NY so am familiar with where these subway lines are located in Penn St.

Cheers,

Tabby

It's easy. Take the 1/2/3 one stop to Times Square and then transfer to the Shuttle or 7 and walk a couple blocks.

Can't the same bus be taken back? (one block over, I assume?)

I would stick with the E train. 8th Ave side of Penn more civilized and it's just one train. Going to work make sure you're near the front of the subway line (you will need to walk from the Penn entrance to the front of subway line) to get off at Madison versus 5th since Madison is more east (same as I did to get off at third versus Lex on my way to work) and returning to Penn you should make sure you are also at front of train heading downtown. Subway will bring you to Madison and 53rd.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.