2018 Civic Engagement Institute
Civic engagement means working to make a difference in the civic life of our communities and developing the combination of knowledge, skills, values and motivation to make that difference. It includes both political and non-political processes.
South Orange/Maplewood Community Coalition on Race has created the Civic Engagement Institute (CEI) to increase civic engagement among people of color and other underrepresented groups to improve the quality of life for the entire SOMA community. Details for the FREE 2018 CEI follow and all are welcome to participate:
What You Will Learn:
· Your Engagement Style to give your best while working for change
· Techniques for improving results from your community service efforts
· Connect with LOCAL Opportunities
One Workshop - Three Free Sessions:
South Orange Public Library, 65 Scotland Rd., Community Room
Saturdays - April 7, 14, and 21
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
· Week 1: What’s included in “civic engagement” and what’s your personal engagement style?
· Week 2: Motivations and methodologies to get the job done
· Week3: Speed Date with organizations that match your engagement style
Please call the office to register, 973-761-6116.
3 Bd | 2Full Ba